Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How Do I Install : Responsive All Business Template into Zen Cart

Hi Everyone,

Would someone please point me into the direction on how to install the : Responsive All Business Template into Zen Cart.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Steven

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Do I Install : Responsive All Business Template into Zen Cart

First suggestion is to visit the support thread for the template/plugn: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...iness-Template

The other thing is to read the instructions that accompany the software download. Usually a readme, instructions, docs, documents, or other named file/folder combination.

Then after that, try to ask the question(s) related to the specific issue or misunderstanding such as when I get to step X of the instructions about Y I don't understand why I have to change W to V and what that will do...

Right now, my answer could be: obtain a location to host your website, get the software tools needed to upload (ftp) and edit (basic text editor) files... Download the software, read the instructions, read posts in the forum, follow the combined instructions of those provided in the download and what is/was in the forum to install, ask questions... :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678

Thank you for your help, I have downloaded the Responsive All Business software, and for some reason the readme instructions fail to open, any ideas?

Thank you everyone.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StevenUK View Post
    Hi mc12345678

Thank you for your help, I have downloaded the Responsive All Business software, and for some reason the readme instructions fail to open, any ideas?

Thank you everyone.

I have re downloaded the software and the read me file will still not open?

Plugin Contributions

I have re downloaded the software and the read me file will still not open?
    Hmm, that is usually a *.html file, should open in any browser. It is called responsive_all_business_readme.html and resides in the downloaded readme folder.
    Last edited by frank18; 29 Nov 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Performed similar action... Note because it is not a simple text file (at least doesn't make much sense) after the package is downloaded (which I just did without issue), then it should be decompressed to a folder, and from there the instructions read from a web browser by opening that file.

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678

Thank you for your update. Since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been getting a few issues with some software. There is one question I would like to ask, when I upload the Responsive All Business Template into Zen Cart, will the product listing go back to zero?

The reason I ask is because I have been entering my products in different categories, and I want to try to avoid re writing them.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678

Thank you for your update. Since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been getting a few issues with some software. There is one question I would like to ask, when I upload the Responsive All Business Template into Zen Cart, will the product listing go back to zero?

The reason I ask is because I have been entering my products in different categories, and I want to try to avoid re writing them.

Thank you everyone for all your help.
    Seeing as your join date is relatively recent, and the question asked above, it looks like a little explanation of the workings of the cart is necessary.

The data you've been entering: products, is stored in the database. That data is no good if it can't be presented. The template does the presentation part and is basically fully customizable to what you want the store to look like. That said, it is suggested to start with one of the pre-designed templates like you have chosen.

Because templates and template modifying "plugins" can affect how the information is presented the current structure is to keep the classic template untouched. This way when something doesn't seem to look/work right then the classic template is available to briefly test. Typically if the issue is template related then it will be evident by it working in classic but not on the problem template.

So the expectation is that there would be no affect on your entered data by installing a template. That isn't to say that it isn't possible for something to go wrong, but that's what backups are for... Make a mistake, hit the undo button... To make that process more "reliable" then setup a development version of the site where mistakes have no consequence on your profit making.

So maybe the following FAQ will help a little if nothing else a place to start and follow through to other related documents: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...verride-system

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678

Thank you for all your help, it looks like I have lots to sort out, and read up.

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678

Thank you for all your help, it looks like I have lots to sort out, and read up.
    It's somewhat a contiinuous process, but take things one at a time... Lots of ways to approach the situatiion. Ideally whatever method used you are always (but not obsessively) looking to ensure that you are doing something that is expected to provide returns. At some point you can switch into a more experiimental phase, but you want to use your time wisely at first while there is such a steep learning curve. Get up, get running, then eventually go for bells and whistles... But have/make a plan.

The FAQ can be very useful. At least it can give some ideas about "routine" features and changes and the comfort that if/when you need to know about a particular topic that it likely is covered by someone. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast