Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products Profit/Margin Calculator and Report for 1.3.5!

Hi guys,

I combined both of these contributions by Farrukh and updated it to work with zc1.3.5. All files that are included in this package are up to date to my knowledge. If you find any problems please let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP.

While its in process of being accepted in the ZC downloads section, you can download it here:
    http://nds.dfwhyundais.com/products_...r_reportv1.zip

Original support threads:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36336 (Profit Markup/Margin Calc)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37567 (Individual Products Profit/Cost Report)

Please note that this updated version is basically the original two contribs combined, with the small fix (op.products_cost -> p.products_cost) for the report. The only other things that have changed is that its updated for 1.3.5
    Last edited by samad64; 6 Sep 2006 at 11:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Profit/Margin Calculator and Report for 1.3.5!

GYGH-

Did this mod customization ever get uploaded or approved? I don't see in either Admin Tools or Other Modules downloads area. Farrukh's two mods also do not appear.

Plugin Contributions

It hasn't been approved yet.. haven't received the e-mail regarding it. Not sure when it will be accepted .. but its still available on the mirror i provided. I haven't had time to update it any though

Plugin Contributions

Re: Products Profit/Margin Calculator and Report for 1.3.5!

Does this mod work with ez-pop and if so how do i use ezpop to add the Markup Percent?
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lextechs
    Does this mod work with ez-pop and if so how do i use ezpop to add the Markup Percent?
    I'm honestly not sure about that, never used EZpopulate. Has anyone else tried it? I may give it a shot later on when I have some time on my test site

Plugin Contributions

ezpopulate was not designed to handle the extra fields required by those contribution, which means that you still need to enter the margin on buying price separately.

Or it probably would require to change the ezpopulate contribution to add the extra fields. Haven't tried yet.

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by getyourgameshere.com View Post
    Hi guys,

I combined both of these contributions by Farrukh and updated it to work with zc1.3.5. All files that are included in this package are up to date to my knowledge. If you find any problems please let me know and I will try to fix it ASAP.
    Thank you for this very good initiative (how is it possible to sell products without knowing the margin !! This should be included in the full zencart distrib.

His it possible to make one suggestion : It will be perfect to be able to enter the Gross product prive (incl.vat) and the product cost. Margin will be then calculated

I think it is more natural (you set the selling price and you know the product cost, this give you the margin) rather than the way it works currently

cheers,
    cp

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cpot View Post
    Thank you for this very good initiative (how is it possible to sell products without knowing the margin !! This should be included in the full zencart distrib.

His it possible to make one suggestion : It will be perfect to be able to enter the Gross product prive (incl.vat) and the product cost. Margin will be then calculated

I think it is more natural (you set the selling price and you know the product cost, this give you the margin) rather than the way it works currently

cheers,
    cp
    Hi there,

I agree that this would be a better way to set this up. Right now I don't have time to actually modify it, I just combined it for the 1.3.5 release (since I needed it on one of my sites as well :)) but whenever I have some free time I will definitely look into doing something like that. I'd like to take this mod and make it so that it doesn't have to overwrite any files, but I'm not that knowledgable about the ZC structure just yet.. so I'm not sure if the original author tried the same thing and couldn't do it because of structural issues. I know a few files would still have to be overwritten, but I would hope not as many would have to be :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi, i downloaded it and i am now having problems creating a product.

I create a dummy product under as "taxable goods" and put in product cost and margin only. I get the message below.

1366 Incorrect decimal value: '' for column 'products_margin_gross_dollar' at row 1
    in:
    [insert into products (products_quantity, products_type, products_model, products_price, products_cost, products_markup, products_margin_gross_dollar, products_margin_gross_percent, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_virtual, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_quantity_order_min, products_quantity_order_units, products_priced_by_attribute, product_is_free, product_is_call, products_quantity_mixed, product_is_always_free_shipping, products_qty_box_status, products_quantity_order_max, products_sort_order, products_discount_type, products_discount_type_from, products_price_sorter, products_image, products_date_added, master_categories_id) values ('0', '1', '', '301.35', '245', '23', '', '', null, '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '2', '4', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', now(), '0')]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Do you have an answer for this please

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GwaiTsi View Post
    Hi, i downloaded it and i am now having problems creating a product.

I create a dummy product under as "taxable goods" and put in product cost and margin only. I get the message below.

1366 Incorrect decimal value: '' for column 'products_margin_gross_dollar' at row 1
    in:
    [insert into products (products_quantity, products_type, products_model, products_price, products_cost, products_markup, products_margin_gross_dollar, products_margin_gross_percent, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_virtual, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_quantity_order_min, products_quantity_order_units, products_priced_by_attribute, product_is_free, product_is_call, products_quantity_mixed, product_is_always_free_shipping, products_qty_box_status, products_quantity_order_max, products_sort_order, products_discount_type, products_discount_type_from, products_price_sorter, products_image, products_date_added, master_categories_id) values ('0', '1', '', '301.35', '245', '23', '', '', null, '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '2', '4', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', now(), '0')]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Do you have an answer for this please
    Try tabbing through the fields, starting from "Products Price (Net):" down to the field right above "Product is Virtual:"

The way the mod currently works, is that it calculates everything once your cursor is in that box. If its not in the box, its as if you never filled it . This is one thing I will be working on and improving from the original author's version if I can

LMK if that doesn't fix the problem and I'll look into it a little bit more

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast