Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion main page edits disappearing

Keep editing main page with our information, I view it as live and see it and make other adjustments constantly checking it live. Come back to later and all information is gone....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: main page edits disappearing

Please provide the additional information required to assist you
    They are in the posting tips at the top when your reply
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I looked at the posting tips and DNA to my problem...... I posted my problem and the fact that it changed and I viewed it several times live. And then GONE

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Please provide the additional information required to assist you
    They are in the posting tips at the top when your reply
    Okay, I looked at the posting tips and DNA to my problem...... I posted my problem and the fact that it changed and I viewed it several times live. And then GONE

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyS View Post
    You've posted your problem, but it is not something that happens under a normal, correct install when setup as described by the documentation. In order for someone else to either reproduce the problem or to provide knowledgeable direct advice, the questions asked in the Posting Tips are posed. They are a starting point.

Right now those reading this thread know that you are using ZC 1.5.4, they don't know how you came to obtain it, how you installed it, if it is/was an upgrade from a previous version (though guessing by the join date to the ZC forum it may have been some form of new install), what environment it is run on, what other software may have been installed that might affect it, what might have caused the issue (when did it start), if there are or are not debug logs, if everything is fine on a development location but on the live store it is not, if perhaps the hosting company has some sort of auto replace/replication or other action occurring that is causing the changes to be undone, if there is a path/redirect issue (not providing the site location), and what has been attempted since the problem occurred (new changes may amplify the problem or cause something else unrelated), how was it validated that the information was missing? Was the file(s) reviewed, was it a database change and does the database now have something different than last edited? And many other pieces of information that could help...

So, the Posting Tips don't directly help you other than helping others to be able to help you... Something like this was identified in a previous thread. At this point (without further information) assistance is likely to only come from someone that 1) finds/searches out this thread, 2) has had/seen the problem, and 3) identified a solution that worked for them but may have no relationship to your situation and may not resolve the issue at all or 4) takes a "wild" guess at possibilities.

Those offering assistance via a forum post do so of their own volition and under no requirement to post/assist. The more you help identify how this problem came to exist, then the easier it is to identify a potential solution.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

How about this information about your install???
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    If your problems are language-pack related (non-English), have you checked that all the language files are loaded and correct?
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    Please post the contents of related "debug logs" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in code and /code tags please!).
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten