Plugin Contributions

Default Host forced php upgrade to 5.3 Now site will not load

My web host company forced update to PHP 5.3
    My site will not load - getting "Sorry!
    There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you."
    At first the web host said that there was a problem with my php.ini that it wasn't updating - just going back to default.
    Now they advised that they will not be able to assist- that I have to update my website.
    At this point, I'm not really sure what version I have on the site. Where can I find the version number in the files?
    in the version file I find:
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_NAME', 'Zen Cart');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR', '1');
    define('PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR', '3.7.1');
    It has been a while since any updates - any suggestions on figuring out the version and upgrading files to work with php 5.3?
    It had been working with 5.2 for some time.
    Thanks
    Got a Zencart Tatoo & Vanity Plate

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Host forced php upgrade to 5.3 Now site will not load

To upgrade from v1.3.7.1, I'd recommend the same advice as I offered here: Advice on upgrade strategy from 1.2.6 to 1.5.4

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I uploaded install files for 1.5.4 ran the install, changed the admin > Includes > configure file for my database and other info.
    Now getting an error when I go to website/admin:

* URLs for your site will be built via: * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG * ...depending on your system configuration settings */"
    What do I need to do here?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sperdie View Post
    I uploaded install files for 1.5.4 ran the install, changed the admin > Includes > configure file for my database and other info.
    Now getting an error when I go to website/admin:

* URLs for your site will be built via: * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG * ...depending on your system configuration settings */"
    What do I need to do here?
    Nothing for the commented section at the bottom of the configure.php file... It is merely information to let you know "how" the addresses are put together which also helps those that want to see/know how new code should be formatted/built.

Are you still having trouble with that build? What issue(s)?

Are you indicating that the content provided above is what is displayed on you screen? If so, should add back the /* that began at the bottom of the applicable configure.php file just before that content...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks- It appears that the last slash was red. I just typed over it and now the text is gone but I am getting the setup page when I go to the admin site:
    Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart®.

"You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:
    This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then maybe they're too low for the files to be read.
    Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
    Or your hosting company has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.'
    I tripple checked the database info - everything looks fine. I ran the install- still no dice.
    Not sure what to look for at this point.
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.myactualwebsite.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://protected.fatcow.com/sperdie/myactualwebsite');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.myactualwebsite');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://protected.fatcow.com/sperdie/websitewithnodotcom');

// secure webserver for admin? Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// secure webserver for storefront? Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', zen_parse_url(HTTP_SERVER, '/path')) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#^' . str_replace('-', '\-', zen_parse_url(HTTPS_SERVER, '/path')) . '#', '', dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', preg_replace('#.includes$#', '', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/'));

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash
    define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/logs');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'myrealmysql.com');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'myactualusername');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'myactualpassword');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'datbasenamehereiscorrect');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/users/web/accoutid/moo.sperdie/websitenodotcom/cache');

Plugin Contributions

Two things directly related to the above configure.php and one about posting:

The file server path is basically blank:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/');

Look at the same define in includes/configure.php and make this one match that one... (If in the above fiile, the DIR_FS_CACHE is correct, then would expect:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/users/web/accoutid/moo.sperdie/websitenodotcom/');
    While not activated, I thought https on fatcow was mywebaddress . Fatcow . Com (ignore capitalization and. Mywebaddress was the full uri without the period)

Lastly thank you for posting the configure.php, but when posting code, please surround it with [code] and [/code] tags. They are autogenerated when uu click the # symbol in the toolbar of the reply box.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 13 Dec 2015 at 11:53 AM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks- as soon as I put in the path, I was able to get the admin area to come up.
    I went back into panic mode when I saw that the front page went down with a message that the site could not connect to the database.
    Since the only change made was the PHP version, I changed the version from the default on my host of 5.6 to 5.5 and it resolved the issue with the site loading. I have been avoiding the update like the plague, but aside from forgetting to put in the path, and some other minor things, it went pretty well.
    Thanks for the assistance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sperdie View Post
    Since the only change made was the PHP version, I changed the version from the default on my host of 5.6 to 5.5 and it resolved the issue with the site loading.
    It could be that your host has something misconfigured in the PHP 5.6 configuration settings for that server, but the PHP 5.5 configs are fine.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.