Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FEEDBACK ON BETA of v1.5.5

Admin Edit Product->Preview screen strips slashes.
    This is simply opening the edit product page, then continuing to Preview. At this point the image will be missing as the slashes have been removed from the path, saving the changes will save the now-incorrect paths as shown.

Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit_pre.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	16102

After

Name:	edit_preview.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	16103

Server OS: Windows NT E5540 6.2 build 9200 (Windows 8 Business Edition) i586
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.12 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1l PHP/5.6.8
    PHP Version: 5.6.8 (Zend: 2.6.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.6.24
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Some observations while doing the spanish language pack.

ADMIN
    english.php
    define('WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this PHP feature in php.ini and restart the web server.');
    Misleading. True I must restart my local server to apply php changes, but it's not necessary to restart my hosting's web server, nor can I do that.
    Suggest
    define('WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this PHP feature in php.ini. It may be necessary to restart the web server to apply this change.');

admin_activity.php
    1) the "Interpretation of the log data" section is one paragraph with a child ul which is not valid html:
    https://developers.whatwg.org/groupi...#the-p-element

2)Nested ul missing closing li
    <li><strong>WARNING</strong> is assigned to CRITICAL things such as removal of payment modules or deletion of admin users. These are activities which might suggest pending trouble if not caught quickly. These should be reviewed very frequently; recommended daily.</li>
    </ul></li><!-- steve added /li-->

suggest
    define('TEXT_INTERPRETING_LOG_DATA', '<p><strong>Interpretation of the log data</strong></p><ul>
    <li><strong>Severity</strong> - The standards for logging generally describe severities as follows:<ul>
    <li><strong>INFO</strong> refers to general activity. This may or may not contain remarkable details.</li>
    <li><strong>NOTICE</strong> refers to activity which indicates higher privilege was used, and may include things like creating new admin users or adding new payment modules. It also highlights when any data submitted on the web page includes potentially risky content such as script tags or embedded iframes, where malicious content is being added to your products/categories/pages by unhappy employees or an intruder on your site. These should be reviewed regularly for any anomalies such as unauthorized activity.</li>
    <li><strong>WARNING</strong> is assigned to CRITICAL things such as removal of payment modules or deletion of admin users. These are activities which might suggest pending trouble if not caught quickly. These should be reviewed very frequently; recommended daily.</li>
    </ul></li>
    <li><strong>admin_user</strong> - This will show the admin user ID number followed by their admin username. If not logged in, it will show 0.</li>
    <li><strong>page_accessed</strong> - This will indicate the name of the page visited, thus giving hints to the kind of activity taking place.</li>
    <li><strong>parameters</strong> - This is the rest of the URI of the page visited, and gives further indication of the kind of activity being attempted by the visitor.</li>
    <li><strong>flagged</strong> - If this is set to 1, that indicates that you should inspect the content recorded in the "postdata" field for unauthorized entry of script or iframe or other potentially dangerous content. An explanation of suspicious content will be listed in the "attention" field.</li>
    <li><strong>attention</strong> - This will contain suggestions related to the kind of suspicious activity which should be reviewed in the "postdata" field if flagged. </li>
    <li><strong>logmessage</strong> - This contains any messages recorded by the system about the activity taking place, such as installation of a certain module.</li>
    <li><strong>postdata</strong> - This contains the raw POST data (with some sensitive information scrubbed) for easy review in case malicious activity is suspected.</li>
    </ul>');

attributes_controller.php
    define('TABLE_TEXT_MAX_DAYS', 'Expiry days: (0 = unlimited)');
    colon should be at end of text
    define('TABLE_TEXT_MAX_DAYS', 'Expiry days (0 = unlimited):');

coupon_restrict.php
    are these extra spaces necessary?
    define('TEXT_INFO_ADD_DENY_ALL', '<strong>For Add all Category Products, only Products not already set for restrictions will be added.<br />
    For Delete all Category Products, only Products that are specified Deny or Allow will be removed.</strong>');

modules.php
    define('WARNING_MODULES_MISSING_KEYS', '<span class="alert">Missing keys - Save, Remove, Install and Reconfigure</span>');
    I assume this means database entries are missing. "Save" would be pointless/misleading as "Remove" will remove whatever has been saved.
    Suggest "Note down any configuration values and Remove, Install and reconfigure the module.".

email
    email_template_coupon.html
    email_template_direct_email.html
    email_template_gv_mail.html
    email_template_gv_queue.html
    email_template_newsletters.html
    email_template_order_status.html
    email_template_product_notification.html

have hard-coded "Dear" in the templates

CATALOG
    includes\languages\english\responsive_classic\button_names.php
    missing new constant
    define('BUTTON_VIEW_ALL_ALT', 'View All');

\includes\languages\english\shopping_cart.php
    define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'You may proceed with your purchase by clicking the Checkout button below. Shipping and Taxes and Discounts will be handled on subsequent pages.');
    Suggest
    define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'You may proceed with your purchase by clicking the "' . BUTTON_CHECKOUT_ALT . '" button below. Shipping and Taxes and Discounts will be handled on subsequent pages.');
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

And this also happens with the url, according to your images.
    Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    This is simply opening the edit product page, then continuing to Preview. At this point the image will be missing as the slashes have been removed from the path, saving the changes will save the now-incorrect paths as shown.

Before:

After

Plugin Contributions

May have problems with slashes in other places as well then, product's name, product's description, product's uri, and product's image. They either have stripslashes( or htmlspecialchars(stripslashes( wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue if something in advance added slashes, or it was processed in some other way, but as is, looks like slashes that are purposefully entered as a single slash are removed in the processing.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

More minor stuff:

ADMIN
    Initial Setup Wizard
    Suggest postcode is also asked for to avoid shipping module message stack error, but not as a compulsory field.

menu.css
    main menu items font size was far too big (on my laptop) and overflowed to the next line.
    Ok, when commented out:
    .navbar-nav li>a.dropdown-toggle {
    /*font-size: 1.3em; steve*/
    color: #333;
    }

The padding around the menu items was already too much, and far too much with the smaller font size.
    I changed to:
    @media (min-width: 768px) {
    .navbar-nav>li>a {
    padding-top: 3px;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

ADMIN
    english.php
    define('HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH_DETAIL_REPORTS', 'Search for Product(s) - Delimited by commas');
    this is used only in stats_products_purchased.php

It is not clear that this refers to product ids, so suggest:
    define('HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH_DETAIL_REPORTS', 'Search for Product IDs (delimited by commas)');
    and maybe this constant should not be in english.php

banner_manager.php
    The legend has titles over each of the icons. The status icons are is titled "Status off" as it uses TEXT_LEGEND_STATUS_OFF.
    <td class="smallText" align="center" width="100"><?php echo TEXT_LEGEND_STATUS_OFF . '<br />' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_red_on.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFF) . '&nbsp;' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_green_on.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_ON); ?></td>

They should be titled "Status" and so could use the same constant from that page: TABLE_HEADING_STATUS.
    Additionally it would be logical to change the icon order to green-red/enabled-disabled, as the other two icons are in yes-no/enabled-disabled order.
    <td class="smallText" align="center" width="100"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS . '<br />' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_green_on.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_ON) . '&nbsp;' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_red_on.gif', IMAGE_ICON_STATUS_OFF); ?></td>

whos_online.php
    Still has hard-coded text:
    <td class="smallText" colspan="8"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS, $total_sess); print "<br />Duplicate IP Addresses: $total_dupes<br />Total Unique Users: $total_cust.";?></td>

And I note that in the graph produced by banner_statistics (phplot) multi-byte/utf-8 Titles have corrupted characters. But I read somewhere this is slated for replacement anyway.
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I did notice one thing that still looked a little off, the button to accept related to gift certificate queue, overlaps the ZenCart logo slightly. There isn't much room to move. To the right, because the button for the activity log is adjacent. That second button does have some room to move right, but I find it difficult to provide clear coding direction.

With regards to the overlap of the first button, the lower left part of the button itself begins half way up from the a n the logo. The text description beneath it is somewhat lost at the beginning within the logo. The C in Certificate is position over the lower part of the t in ZenCart. Two fixes come to mind, either move over the Gift Certificate Queue button and hopefully the second button also would move or reduce the size of the logo in this setup...
    I think maybe you're looking at it without all the latest changes ... cuz I have no clue what you're talking about, without a visual. :)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I think maybe you're looking at it without all the latest changes ... cuz I have no clue what you're talking about, without a visual. :)

Name:	v155-menu-display.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	16105

Probably way too small, but the above is what I was seeing on my cell phone but has been collected by desktop. Looks the same (using the updates of up to the commit I referenced before.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

Name:	v155-menu-display.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	16105

Probably way too small, but the above is what I was seeing on my cell phone but has been collected by desktop. Looks the same (using the updates of up to the commit I referenced before.
    Okay, yes, that's prior to the merging of code fixes yesterday.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Before:

After

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    And this also happens with the url, according to your images.
    May have problems with slashes in other places as well then, product's name, product's description, product's uri, and product's image. They either have stripslashes( or htmlspecialchars(stripslashes( wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue if something in advance added slashes, or it was processed in some other way, but as is, looks like slashes that are purposefully entered as a single slash are removed in the processing.
    Hi

Have done a PR https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/870/files
    which should fix this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And I note that in the graph produced by banner_statistics (phplot) multi-byte/utf-8 Titles have corrupted characters. But I read somewhere this is slated for replacement anyway.
    Yes, the banner-stats tool has been fully-rewritten with a more modern tool, for v160, but has dependencies on other changes that aren't present in v155.

As for your other suggestions, we've incorporated most of them. Some will be deferred until later, mostly due to dependencies.

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast