Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't login to admin - loops back to login

Last night, I was locked out of admin after too many failed password attempts. Attempted to reset the password via the "Forgot Password" link, however, the e-mails were not received (I did, however, receive the e-mails about the failed login attempts). So I went in to the database and changed the password manually.

Now, if I enter an incorrect password, I'll get the error, as expected. However, if I enter the correct password, I am not directed to the admin screen - instead, it loops right back to the login screen, as if nothing happened.

Customer login seems to be fine. I did not make any other changes to the site, or the database.

I've cleared the cache and cookies repeatedly, used several different browsers and machines, tried bypassing SSL, all to no avail.

This is driving me nuts. I'd appreciate any and all advice to help rectify the issue!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login to admin - loops back to login

Please some further clarification? Manually changed the password to what/by what process?

Was this during an upgrade of any sort?

As to the password failures, are you saying that the incorrect password was provided enough times to lock the account or simply to get notification of excessive failed attempts? Fwiw, at the point of the account being locked because of failed attempts a simple password reset is still not possible until the timeout has occurred.

So all that jibber-jabber for discussion and understanding, my suggestion would be to follow the guidelines of this FAQ so that you can regain access to the admin and you may have to remove the other admin user(s) to clear things up and re-enter their data.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for referring me to that FAQ page, which I should have figured out to find myself!

I was able to create another admin, login successfully, change the password from there and delete the temp admin. Problem solved. I mustn't have actually changed the password when I thought I did. Odd thing though is that I wasn't getting any error.

In any event, I truly appreciate your time and help! :)

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Please some further clarification? Manually changed the password to what/by what process?

Was this during an upgrade of any sort?

As to the password failures, are you saying that the incorrect password was provided enough times to lock the account or simply to get notification of excessive failed attempts? Fwiw, at the point of the account being locked because of failed attempts a simple password reset is still not possible until the timeout has occurred.

So all that jibber-jabber for discussion and understanding, my suggestion would be to follow the guidelines of this FAQ so that you can regain access to the admin and you may have to remove the other admin user(s) to clear things up and re-enter their data.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by missyenta View Post
    Thanks for referring me to that FAQ page, which I should have figured out to find myself!

I was able to create another admin, login successfully, change the password from there and delete the temp admin. Problem solved. I mustn't have actually changed the password when I thought I did. Odd thing though is that I wasn't getting any error.

In any event, I truly appreciate your time and help! :)
    Absolutely welcome. Now when you are searching the forum and see that someone else is having trouble logging into their admin panel you have some fuel for fodder to help them out as well, though seems like you haven't had to ask for much help yourself... :)

Best of luck though in your continued zenning!

Plugin Contributions

I believe I'm using V1.5.x, but since I can't log into my admin I'm not sure. I believe I upgraded this version a couple of years ago, but I've never had any issues until now. I just needed to go in and update a phone number and I couldn't log in. I tried my login and the owners login, but neither worked. I did follow the instructions on the "FAQ" above and deleted all admin logins and inserted the new one as directed but still can not log in. It just keeps saying "There was a security error when trying to login".

MySQL version is 5.5.32

I've read the FAQ area and have tried (I believe) everything suggested. I now only have one login per MySQL and that's the one the FAQ showed me how to do and I still can't log in?

The owner of the site was able to log in just fine for over 2 years and do their orders, but now nothing.

I've tried using Microsoft Edge and Chrome and verified that I'm receiving cookies.

HELP
    Last edited by Courage9; 15 Mar 2016 at 10:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

My Host is Powweb.

I have not changed anything in over 2 years...
    Last edited by Courage9; 15 Mar 2016 at 10:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Since you are in phpmyadmin, check the version table. Report the minor version field data.

Also, sure used Admin for username and admin for password when trying to log on?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Since you are in phpmyadmin, check the version table. Report the minor version field data.

Also, sure used Admin for username and admin for password when trying to log on?
    I did ensure I used Admin for username and admin for password...

I'm sorry but I'm kind of out of practice with phyMyadmin and I'm not sure where to find the "check the version table. Report the minor version field data."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

look in the table called:

project_version

look for the field called:

project_version_minor
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

It says 39h for minor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast