Plugin Contributions

Default New Products For January...

I'm having a little difficulty sorting this category out. I'm happy with it, however in the admin settings, I have the Default Sort Order set to 6, for newest first and the New Products section just seems to... Well I'm not even sure, it's not at random because only one of my newer products has made it into the list, the rest are still in the order I listed them in December?

I guess the admin section i'm in doesn't actually deal with this box, so how can I set the New Products box to actually show the NEWEST listings first?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Products For January...

The New Products page follows the sort order ...

The New Products sidebox and centerbox are displayed randomly as you my have 0 to many New Products and this randomization to to help show off the New Products ... without the randomization, if you had 100 New Products and had the New Products centerbox set to 6 then you would only ever show the last 6 New Products added rather than randomly picking 6 of the 100 New Products ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The New Products page follows the sort order ...

The New Products sidebox and centerbox are displayed randomly as you my have 0 to many New Products and this randomization to to help show off the New Products ... without the randomization, if you had 100 New Products and had the New Products centerbox set to 6 then you would only ever show the last 6 New Products added rather than randomly picking 6 of the 100 New Products ...
    Unfortunately it isn't following this pattern. I have 50 or so up right now and out of the 9 items it displays on my homepage as 'Newly listed this January' it's showing the first six items I listed at the start of December, then one I listed last night, then the next two I listed after the original six and it NEVER changes. All it does is shuffle the order of the same nine? So why has one of last nights items made the list but none of todays, none of the others I've been listing daily?

I want it to display my NEWEST items first in the box, if it won't do this, it's essentially a useless feature for me and I'll disable it.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have an URL to your site where we could perhaps peek at this?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

www.dinodeals.co.uk

Use the webstore option. I'm thinking to disable it completely and just use the feature product option as I can manually choose them

Edit. Nevermind I have used that option now, it's more useful
    Last edited by Damian227; 2 Jan 2016 at 04:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I take it you do not need help with this, eh?

Glad that worked for you ...
    Linda McGrath