Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping for a specific zone and for ONE specific product?

There is one product that my client wants to send to US locations for free shipping. But she wants the USPS option to apply for non-US customers ordering it. The product does have a weight amount entered into it for this purpose. And no other item on her site is available with free shipping. So she doesn't want to use the Free Shipping Options module, if that will display a free shipping option when free shipping is NOT available (I hope this makes sense).

So, I made that product "Always Free Shipping" and limited the Free Shipping (not "options") module to the 48 states. Problem is, if you put that item in your cart and then estimate shipping for a NON US location, it is not adding USPS shipping.

I found the following thread on the topic, but am unsure if using Flat Rate can work for this situation. Is it possible to have flat rate shipping for only one item in a store, while all the others use USPS and UPS?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....cts-inone-zone

It would seem to me that if I were to use the Free Shipping Options module instead, an option for free shipping would appear for US customers on any order, with any products. NOT what my client wants her site to do.... Is there a way to have free shipping for a specific zone and for a specific product?

~anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for a specific zone and for ONE specific product?

So let's summarize this ...

I add the Free Shipping to the cart as the only product ...

If I am in the US, do you want ONLY Free Shipping to show or do you want Free Shipping AND USPS to show?

If I am in the NOT in the US, do you want FLAT to show or do you want FLAT and USPS showing?

If I add the Free Shipping product to the cart with other products ...

If I am in the US, do you want USPS to show with this Free Shipping product not charging shipping?

If I am NOT in the US, do you want just USPS showing and charging normal shipping for this product?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    So let's summarize this ...

I add the Free Shipping to the cart as the only product ...

If I am in the US, do you want ONLY Free Shipping to show or do you want Free Shipping AND USPS to show?

If I am in the NOT in the US, do you want FLAT to show or do you want FLAT and USPS showing?

If I add the Free Shipping product to the cart with other products ...

If I am in the US, do you want USPS to show with this Free Shipping product not charging shipping?

If I am NOT in the US, do you want just USPS showing and charging normal shipping for this product?
    If the one product that has free shipping is added to the cart, and the customer is in the US, I only want the free shipping to show. If they are not in the US, I want USPS and UPS to show. If it is added to the cart with other products, I want USPS and UPS to show in either case (US and non-US), but the free shipping item should not impact the USPS or UPS shipping total for the US customer.

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking that is how I had that anthoer post was working but I have not retested for awhile ...
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Continental-US

See if that is of help to you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Works perfectly. Thank you so much!! ~anne

Plugin Contributions

Excellent! Thanks for the update that this was able to work for you for Always Free Shipping for just 1 zone and regular charges via USPS and UPS for everyone else!
    Linda McGrath