Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Pricing attributes issue...

Hi

I need some help please.

I am selling items by weight (Candy/Sweets) in my shop.

If you look at my shop, www.fatmoomoo.com goto the TEST catagory.

Now, i have set up the names and values of the attributes through the admin side.

What i would like ideally is where you can choose from a drop down menu on what quantity you want and then that is carried forward to the payment page etc.

At the moment you see two things, the first thing you see is where you can add a unit to your basket etc. The other thing is on the tabs, if you click on the attributes you can then choose the weight from there.

Personally, this is very confusing and i am trying to make it look clean where you can see and choose what weight you want by not clicking on any tabs etc.
    Tabs are for information that i need to put in and not prices.

Can anyone help me with this please???

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pricing attributes issue...

Umm, so for what "specialness" are you really looking? What is shown there is that basically you sell the sweets in 100gm increments, might as well just advertise the product as 100gm of the product, the quantity entered would be a multiple of that... Otherwise, what I could see working to accomplish your "multiplication" of the values in the attributes is custom coding that well, multiplies the attribute(s) by the provided data...

Yes, offering the product as presented does appear confusing, especially if the attribute(s) are set by navigation and then a quantity added later/elsewhere the result would/could be frustrating to seller as well as purchaser.

Remember if it is confusing to you, it's probably more so for the customer(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ohh and a side note. Your template isn't yet setup well for mobile devices... The product wasn't "found" until scrolling to the end of the page after several other "sideboxes" including the categories being fully displayed.

You may also find a few error logs as when I would first load a test product page, display stopped at some point requiring the page to be reloaded... But that's a different ssue than described/asked about.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your advice, but the site is 'in test mode' at the moment and these small issues will be dealt with later on.

I have managed to make some changes with the attributes and the tabs.

I have now made changes where the attributes are not in a tab but at the bottom of the product page etc.

The issue that I have is I now see a drop down box for the weight of the products and also see a box where I can add quantity into that box and click add to cart.

Some of my products will be weighed so I will need the drop down box with weights etc, and then add to cart and other products will have static prices. so they choose the quantity that they need.

So, now I need to find out how I can have a drop down box for items that are sold by weight and a quantity box for items sold individually etc...

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amebb View Post
    Thanks for your advice, but the site is 'in test mode' at the moment and these small issues will be dealt with later on.

I have managed to make some changes with the attributes and the tabs.

I have now made changes where the attributes are not in a tab but at the bottom of the product page etc.

The issue that I have is I now see a drop down box for the weight of the products and also see a box where I can add quantity into that box and click add to cart.

Some of my products will be weighed so I will need the drop down box with weights etc, and then add to cart and other products will have static prices. so they choose the quantity that they need.

So, now I need to find out how I can have a drop down box for items that are sold by weight and a quantity box for items sold individually etc...

Thank you
    As far as selling by weight, don't forget the customers that may want to receive multiple containers of whatever weight they have requested.

Also, I didn't consider the possibility of a quantity adjuster that wasn't an attribute but instead something like javascript that fed the quantity box that otherwise would be manually filled in if extra code hadn't been used to provide a quantity selector.

For specific product where the weight in the dropdown will be the deciding factor for the product, the quantity box can be disabled for that product on the product info entry page for that product.

Plugin Contributions

as regards the product been purchased by weight this will be done by a drop down menu box that will have the selected weights on there.... anymore the customer can contact me.

The items with static prices.... do you think that these would be best using a drop down menu ??? ie, 1, 2, 3 etc ...??

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hi, just a recap.

I have done some changes where on the products that have static prices I can order the quantity and the price is calculated when I get to the checkout.

The remaining issue I have is on goods that are sold by weight.
    On the page it shows a drop down menu with the weights that the customer can choose from. But, it also shows the quantity box. The quantity box should not be there.

All I need on a typical page that sells goods by weight is the drop down list of weights and the add to cart button.

Has anyone got any ideas where I am going wrong here ...??

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

What is the origin of the quantity dropdown? Is it an attribute or an "add-on" like a javascript dropdown?

If it is an attribute, then it can be removed for the applicable product through the attributes controller in the catalog menu of the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is the origin of the quantity dropdown? Is it an attribute or an "add-on" like a javascript dropdown?

If it is an attribute, then it can be removed for the applicable product through the attributes controller in the catalog menu of the admin.
    Hi there thanks for your reply.

The quantity box is not a drop down and its not java too.

Its the standard quantity selection text box.

have a look at the page that I am referring to. -->http://www.fatmoomoo.com/index.php?m...products_id=39

The box is the 'add to cart' box that I need to disable from this product category.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amebb View Post
    Hi there thanks for your reply.

The quantity box is not a drop down and its not java too.

Its the standard quantity selection text box.

have a look at the page that I am referring to. -->http://www.fatmoomoo.com/index.php?m...products_id=39

The box is the 'add to cart' box that I need to disable from this product category.

Thank you
    As stated in Post 5:

The quantity box can be disabled per product in the product info page:
    Products Quantity Box Shows: Yes, Show Quantity Box No, Do not show Quantity Box
    But that doesn't prevent someone returning to the product and adding either an additional quantity of the same or some different weight of the same item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast