Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login problems

My provider upgraded PHP to a new version, and my old Zen Cart no longer works, so I'm starting from scratch w v1.5.4

Finally got the admin directory change to work, set a new password, and now, nothing works.

I am taken to the admin page, but every action (adding manufacturers, for instance) takes me to the login page, and it saves no data.

I also get the warning that information sent is unsecured (click to continue) yet I'm on an HTTPS page. What did I miss?

TIA
    Keith

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login problems

Sounds like a sessions issue, but at the same time there are more questions than answers. Please address the remaining posting tips all of which I am including in this post:
    Posting Tips
    Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    NOTE: When making a new post, be sure to include relevant information such as:
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    If your problems are language-pack related (non-English), have you checked that all the language files are loaded and correct?
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    Please post the contents of related "debug logs" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in [code] and [/code] tags please!).
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    Please post your site URL* so we can take a look at it. This is especially important if you're encountering display/layout problems, so the problem can be seen directly.
    If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?

Also read the "Before You Post" and "Forum Do's and Don'ts" to be sure you provide at least the basics of information in your post. The more detail you supply, the more likely you'll get a usable answer. If you don't give enough information then you'll likely just get a reply asking for more info, or worse: no reply at all. We'd rather give excellent answers than have to ask you more questions!

*NOTE: Search engines index this Zen Cart® support site very quickly. Posting your URL will cause your site and your post to show up in search engines. If you want to prevent that, put spaces between each letter of the domain name in your URL.
    Quick Reply
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As stated above, this is a new installation 1.5.4 It has a new database
    MySQL - 5.5.43 PHP v 5.6.6

Yes I have searched the forum, but not the doxens of pages related to a two keyword search.

I was hoping for a quick fix, or at best, a dump of the files/database and attempt a do over. This is a new install and contains no info.

Keith

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xcergy View Post
    As stated above, this is a new installation 1.5.4 It has a new database
    MySQL - 5.5.43 PHP v 5.6.6

Yes I have searched the forum, but not the doxens of pages related to a two keyword search.

I was hoping for a quick fix, or at best, a dump of the files/database and attempt a do over. This is a new install and contains no info.

Keith
    As said, some items were addressed, but not all. Was this new install something downloaded from the ZC website or a package from your host. A quick answer can come when enough information is provided to focus the solution.

As for being on a https page, that is no guarantee that the information won't be set to be sent via http... What page were you on, what are the settings in the includes/configure.php file regarding SSL and the various http: or https: uris... There are so many variables of things that could be "off"/not right which is why so much detail. Is requested...

So not reusing the previous database at all? Just dropping all the product, links, etc...?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it is a zip file downloaded from zencart.com
    as to setup of the config files, I used the same parameters as used in my 1.3x version, with exception of the database. No error messages, so I think I'm ok on config files.

define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'true');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true')
    [changed from 'false']

Once set, zen cart went through the setup process, then advised to rename the admin directory, which I did.

Yes, a new database. What happened was my host upgraded PHP to a higher version [never gave advance notice, they just did it] than what would support 1.3.8 With all the add-ons in 1.3.8 database, my guess is it won't work in a 'clean' version.

I needed a kick in the ######## to upgrade anyway. Google needs an upgrade, and the website needs to be mobile friendly, and the site really needs a face lift. The worst part is this had to happen during tax time. I'm in the middle of inventory and data gathering, and with the site down-no sales. Double worse, I have 2 zen websites.

Once I get it going, I hope to get my 'localmachine' running on the old version so that I can copy/paste product into 1.5.4, or at best, remove the add-ons so that I can use the old DB in 1.5.4 ..... one step at a time as they say.

Keith

Plugin Contributions

Silly boy... The entire process (which doesn't appear to have been followed) maintains your existing store and data, the plugins, they add or modify functionality, but rarely would the absence of the plugins on a standard ZC site cause your site to not function...

Hate to say it, but don't try to be smarter than the tried and true process... The team that put this stuff together and offer to maintain it have had enough of their own lessons to share with us that they too want all users to be successful... There have been changes to the includes/configure.php files since when you last installed ZC... Using the same parameters may not work and could be a cause to your issue(s)... If you follow the below process, the ZC will create the files needed and perhaps something like a database name may need to be changed, or the name of the subdirectory in which the store is held, but each of those actions are also covered in a FAQ. (Like said, one step at a time), but an upgrade need not be a start from scratch and could be even worse for your online presence if you basically completely disappear and nothing maps to the correct product/place...

http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I used the dist-config.php files [as instructed] and just plugged in the URLs, DB name/password and the host specific (had a strange name) where needed.

I really didn't see much difference between the two files, but used the 1.5.4 files. Renamed to config.php, set to 444 and ran.

Off to read that file ... thanks.

Keith

Plugin Contributions

My problem with that article is I don't know if the add-ons are compatable w 1.5.4 I have a css flyout menu ( I may want a new one), Google Frugal, a Sitemap, and Google Merchant feeder.

Once I setup a localhost and run it off my home 'puter, I can uninstall the plugins and go from there.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I used the dist-config.php files [as instructed] and just plugged in the URLs, DB name/password and the host specific (had a strange name) where needed.

I really didn't see much difference between the two files, but used the 1.5.4 files. Renamed to config.php, set to 444 and ran.

Off to read that file ... thanks.

Keith
    If renamed to config.php then that is incorrect. Should be renamed configure.php from dist-config.php. Sorry, but specifics and details matter. I know I slip sometimes, but I also try to indicate when that is the case. :)

Plugin Contributions

My problem with that article is I don't know if the add-ons are compatable w 1.5.4 I have a css flyout menu ( I may want a new one), Google Frugal, a Sitemap, and Google Merchant feeder.

Once I setup a localhost and run it off my home 'puter, I can uninstall the plugins and go from there.
    Thing in that list of items seems to be a show stopper to using the existing database as part of the upgrade... The first is a template thing (what customers see), the remainder basically access the data that is there. Some are some are not updated for ZC 1.5.4, but none of them prevent the product from being displayed/accessed or visited by customers... The other thing is: must you have those plugins in order to run your business? Might it be okay to not have that exact plugin, but perhaps there is something appropriate that accomplishes the same thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast