Plugin Contributions

Default new error message in admin

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/login.php on line 13

This is on a website that was upgraded a few months ago and it just started showing this message on the login page for admin.

I was able to figure it out pretty quickly. I checked cpanel and the php level had been switched to 5.6 beta. This is on blue host. I'm pretty sure my client didn't make this change so bluehost may have auto switched her. Once I switched her back to 5.5, the problems disappeared.

I thought 1.5.4 was supposed to work on 5.6. What gives?

I checked the log files

[12-Jan-2016 17:09:20 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home7/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/login.php:13) in /home7/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 115
    [12-Jan-2016 17:09:20 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/xxxxx/public_html/shopkeeper/login.php:13) in /home7/xxxxx/public_html/shopkeeper/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28
    [12-Jan-2016 17:09:20 UTC] PHP Warning: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home7/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 166
    [12-Jan-2016 17:09:20 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/login.php:13) in /home7/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/includes/functions/general.php on line 26

There are some changes but nothing that I can think of that could create these issues. Really need some insight here if hosting companies are switching to 5.6 as a default.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: new error message in admin

Plugin Contributions

Good that answers that question about the time zone but as that was a warning, why did everything fail? Is that expected behavior?

Plugin Contributions

nope I see that I didn't need to ask you that! Thanks for the quick response! My forum searching must not be up to par today.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like when the host installed the new PHP version they left the default timezone blank (which is the new default for fresh PHP installs), unlike how they configured their previous PHP version. This is in conformance with the trend of most hosts doing new PHP installs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

good to know. Thanks, DrByte!