Plugin Contributions

Default Not sure if this is a thing but.. is there a email promo module for new products or

Hello,

I searched the plugin section but couldn't find anything remotely close to this. But is there a module/plugin that allows you to send out automated emails with product offers or discounts for certain time frames to past customers ?

I don't know if any of you have ever purchased from new egg.com. But when you do , you start getting those " FOR SALE THIS MONTH" emails with the product images and product prices for that sale. With " You can unsubscribe from this list by clicking here " Links at the bottom.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not sure if this is a thing but.. is there a email promo module for new products

I think mailbeez does something like you're asking or there is possibly somethng like "back in stock" that could be adapted... Otherwise you can create mail distribution lists that could go out as desired and then you could take that a step further and program the email periodicity desired or content, etc... World... Oyster....
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not sure if this is a thing but.. is there a email promo module for new products

Thank you ,

I will check those 2 plugins out. I get the feeling this is something out of the scope of zencart. I will check for other apps for mail distribution lists as well.

Plugin Contributions

mailbeez seems to be the professional version of what i wanted. It seems to have plugins for zencart and a pretty low monthly fee. I will keep it in mind if i can't find a automated diy version that meshes with zencart.

I was wondering however , and please tell me what you think of this. Could i just do the same using outlook and just do a mass email send to my past customers ? Pretty much a simple 1 page ad with links and the standard text ? The only problem i see with this is giving them a way to unsubscribe , since the zencart install would not be linked to the sending.