Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS K8 new rates don't seem to quote First Class > 13 oz < 15.999 oz

Installed the new USPS shipping module yesterday, and all seems to be well, except for the part where USPS tells us that First Class is now available for parcels between 13 ounces and 15.9999 ounces. I'm not really sure how much of an issue this is with me, but I do have some products that fall into that range and in my testing I can't seem to get the shipping estimator to return a quote for First Class on those. It returns a quote for Priority like it always has.

I sell at eBay as well as from my site and noticed that their shipping calculator won't cooperate either when I try to quote First Class parcels in that range, so I initially suspected the problem is at USPS, but my Endicia software DOES quote in that range.

I've changed the max weight in the USPS mod for 1st Class Parcel to 15.999 (and a few other weights over 15) and specified that I'm using online pricing.

I noticed in the discussions among beta testers that this was an issue which didn't seem to be resolved.

Is the answer here to wait and see, or have I overlooked a setting beyond the max weight and online pricing?

Thanks,
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: K8 new rates don't seem to quote First Class > 13 oz < 15.999 oz

Actually, I now discover that if I specify the weight of the product as 0.937, I get the First Class quote. If I specify 0.938 weight, quotes Priority only.

Plugin Contributions

Could you turn on the Debug Log in USPS and try a quote then Zip the Shipping log(s) generated and attach the Zip to your post?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

New procedure for me. Hope this is it

SHIP_usps_Debug_01182016120054_US_50588_0lb_16oz.zip

Plugin Contributions

Despite the fact that this is not going to be fun to figure out, I am glad it is happening to you as you are NOT using Tare Rates ...

Not to wish evil on you, but the lack of Tare Rates and this issue help to know as I now have an inkling on what the issue is for USPS ...

USPS requires that the weight be sent to the in whole pounds and ounces and not just pounds, so this means we have to do a special calculation just for USPS in addition to managing the Tare ...

Because you do not use Tare, and this rounding happens so to speak I can focus better on a solution, good news!

Unfortunately this does not make the solution easier as I do not want to break the solution for other situations ... in other words, that is the bad news ...

Let me fool with this issue and see what I can come up with and with luck, I will have a moment of brilliance and have a fix soon ... but, I do not yet know how soon ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

eeks!

I am either really, really good or your are lucky as heck or the php v5.5 affects how this is done ...

Try changing the code for:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

and add the code in RED:
    Code:
          $this->pounds = (int)$usps_shipping_weight;
          // usps currently cannot handle more than 5 digits on international
          // change to 2 if International rates fail based on Tare Settings
    //      $this->ounces = ceil(round(16 * ($usps_shipping_weight - $this->pounds), MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DECIMALS));
          $this->ounces = zen_round($usps_shipping_weight, MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_DECIMALS);

// Determine machinable or not
    We will need a lot more testing by folks needing the USPS shipping module to really check this change I posted above as this is a hair's breath calculation change to work with USPS ...

Please test this and let us know if this really works or if there are still issues or different issues ... <insert prayers here>
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Will do, thank you. Unfortunately I have a time-sensitive thing I must attend to at the moment, per a phone call that just tied me up for a while, but I'll try to be quick about it and test the code asap. This isn't going to kill me to live with, I'm grateful for the attention.

Plugin Contributions

FWIW:
    1st test with single product and 2 products,
    0.98 pounds product, tare 0:0 1st class quote received
    0.99 pounds product, tare 0:0 no 1st class quote

0.88 pounds product, tare 0:0.1 1st class quote received
    0.89 pounds product, tare 0:0.1 no 1st class quote
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    FWIW:
    1st test with single product and 2 products,
    0.98 pounds product, tare 0:0 1st class quote received
    0.99 pounds product, tare 0:0 no 1st class quote

0.88 pounds product, tare 0:0.1 1st class quote received
    0.89 pounds product, tare 0:0.1 no 1st class quote
    Could you Zip the Debug Logs to show what is happening on your quotes and attach them to your post? I would really help to compare them to anything that I try to test to reproduce this ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    eeks!

Please test this and let us know if this really works or if there are still issues or different issues ... <insert prayers here>
    Improvement. Now my cart recognizes 13-15.99 as eligible for First Class parcels, but returns a low quote (I think).

If I use this test product, weighing 0.9875, with no handling fee set (for simplicity), it returns an estimate of $2.80. In the absence of any online rate tables I can understand, when I compare that $2.80 to Endicia's result, they quote $3.65.

test product: http://www.saintstevensthingery.com/...oducts_id=1802

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast