Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading database to 1.5.4 - zc_install doesn't recognize admin password

Am trying to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4

Installing 1.5.4 in a new directory works fine, with a brand new database.

- unzipped a fresh copy of 1.5.4 into empty directory
    - connected to my 1.3.9h database (copy)
    - configure.php files are correct
    - ran zc_install, which correctly found the database and recommended the correct upgrade path

When it asks for the Admin Username / Password at the bottom of the database upgrade page, it will not accept any answer I give it.
    Error is: Admin password required to proceed with upgrade...

- I add the admin name & password I used (or used on a previous installation test?)
    - I add the temporary password in case this installation doesn't have the "permanent" password
    - If I try to log in to the admin area to confirm the password, I get "database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install"
    - the Admin Setup page is several pages AFTER the database upgrade

Nothing works

zc_install is stuck. Can't go forward. How do I solve this?

TIA,

Al

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading database to 1.5.4 - zc_install doesn't recognize admin password

Scroll down to Similar Threads and see if any of those help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading database to 1.5.4 - zc_install doesn't recognize admin password

Also as usual, may help if the questions of the posting tips are answered...

Haven't followed the below links as suggested by dbltoe, but something that has helped me in the past is to use the sql for the version from which upgrading in the following thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

One issue at the moment though is that likely your password has been "rewritten" because of the attempt to login to the admin... Don't recall the "affect" of the rewrite, but it is not a standard part of the upgrade and can make it difficult to upgrade...

The other thing I have seen is that the admin user_id has been 0 as well as the admin_profile. These should all be non-zero values...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Scroll down to Similar Threads and see if any of those help.
    Unfortunately, no. And I had looked for other threads before posting.

This is a new 1.5.4 install. I set up the db in advance, imported the old 1.3.9h data. When zc_install (running the first time) got to the Database Setup page, it recognized an upgrade option. I selected that option but am now stuck.

It occurs to me that since I haven't reached the Admin Setup page yet, there may not even BE an admin username & password.

Also just above the bottom there is the "Change Database Prefix" box. That's pre-filled with "zen_" which I've used with 1.3.9h. The instructions *seem* to say that the box should be left blank, otherwise I'd end up with "zen_zen_" or something. I'm getting an error about that, too. "Can't rename all tables" (The db hasn't been touched.) I've tried logging in both ways: rename blank and with zen_

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

See the above post to address the possible no user, or expired user issue...

Also, though not directly related to this, may want to take a look at known issues with ZC 1.5.4: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Also as usual, may help if the questions of the posting tips are answered...

Haven't followed the below links as suggested by dbltoe, but something that has helped me in the past is to use the sql for the version from which upgrading in the following thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

One issue at the moment though is that likely your password has been "rewritten" because of the attempt to login to the admin... Don't recall the "affect" of the rewrite, but it is not a standard part of the upgrade and can make it difficult to upgrade...

The other thing I have seen is that the admin user_id has been 0 as well as the admin_profile. These should all be non-zero values...

Aha! Looking in the SQL zen_admin table provided the answer: zen_install accepted the old admin username/password that was brought over with all the 1.3.9h data.

The rest should go smoothly now.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

connected to my 1.3.9h database...
    zen_install accepted the old admin username/password that was brought over with all the 1.3.9h data.
    Now does that not make sense???
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acmaurer View Post
    Am trying to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4

- I add the admin name & password I used (or used on a previous installation test?)
    - I add the temporary password in case this installation doesn't have the "permanent" password
    - If I try to log in to the admin area to confirm the password, I get "database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install"
    - the Admin Setup page is several pages AFTER the database upgrade

Nothing works

zc_install is stuck. Can't go forward. How do I solve this?

TIA,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Now does that not make sense???
    Not sure what happened between the 3rd "bullet" above and now, but it would seem that the credentials attempted were not directly associated with the database being imported, but instead some previous/unrelated credentials. I will say that I was a bit confused by the statement that there was something in the database viewable that cleared the confusion (ie passwords should be encrypted beyond the ability to see and type) so the fact that an incorrect set of credentials was being provided seems the only possibility. Be curious though too if it could have been something else... Afterall, someone else is likely to be referenced to this thread at some point... Would be good for them to be able to gain from this experience.

Plugin Contributions

It would--especially if I could now log into the (renamed) admin area with that same username/password.

New installation: pretty straightforward.
    Upgrading: a minefield.

I'm remembering why I put this off for so long...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not sure what happened between the 3rd "bullet" above and now, but it would seem that the credentials attempted were not directly associated with the database being imported, but instead some previous/unrelated credentials. I will say that I was a bit confused by the statement that there was something in the database viewable that cleared the confusion (ie passwords should be encrypted beyond the ability to see and type) so the fact that an incorrect set of credentials was being provided seems the only possibility. Be curious though too if it could have been something else... Afterall, someone else is likely to be referenced to this thread at some point... Would be good for them to be able to gain from this experience.
    I couldn't "see" the password, just the username. But I knew the password that went along with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast