Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to upgrade SQL from 139 to 154

154 doesn't allow accessing the admin login if the admin folder is named admin... You would need to rename the admin directory to something other than admin and should also now be something other than zc_admin, and further, for the security of your site and it's customers, the name of the admin folder should not be posted...

That is if I understood the situation properly...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I changed all admin to admin and got through the database installation, but none of the data came to the new sql, nothing. I also have problem logging in to administration. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jukor View Post
    I changed all admin to admin and got through the database installation, but none of the data came to the new sql, nothing. I also have problem logging in to administration. Any ideas?
    So, I think we can all make guesses about what the problem is... Ultimately I think all are asking for more information about each detail of what you have done... If you changed the folder name (there is only one admin folder so I don't know what is meant by changing *all* admin to admin) to admin and then did an install, more than likely if the configure.php files pointed to a database that had data in it and you used the same DB_PREFIX as was used in that database, then all of the store data was erased... Now if you choose to do a database upgrade only, then that is another story... There are too many ways that things could have been done. Not enough information has been provided to understand the full current status.

Plain and simple, following this instruction (get some fluids and food before reading, because it will make you scratch your head a little, but it is a solid process to follow) you will be able to have your site up in little time if you work through it step by step and don't take shortcuts... Don't go investigate if this or that works if the procedure doesn't recommend checking at that point... I know it has been provided at least once already if not more: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

If a step doesn't make sense, stop and ask about it. Explain what you understand, what you think it means, and what you don't understand..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, I think we can all make guesses about what the problem is... Ultimately I think all are asking for more information about each detail of what you have done... If you changed the folder name (there is only one admin folder so I don't know what is meant by changing *all* admin to admin) to admin and then did an install, more than likely if the configure.php files pointed to a database that had data in it and you used the same DB_PREFIX as was used in that database, then all of the store data was erased... Now if you choose to do a database upgrade only, then that is another story... There are too many ways that things could have been done. Not enough information has been provided to understand the full current status.

Plain and simple, following this instruction (get some fluids and food before reading, because it will make you scratch your head a little, but it is a solid process to follow) you will be able to have your site up in little time if you work through it step by step and don't take shortcuts... Don't go investigate if this or that works if the procedure doesn't recommend checking at that point... I know it has been provided at least once already if not more: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

If a step doesn't make sense, stop and ask about it. Explain what you understand, what you think it means, and what you don't understand..
    Originally my problem started when Ipage without any kind of notice upgraded the PHP. I Noticed it when my store disappeared from the net. Ipage installed 154 without transferring the SQL from old to new. After that they left me hanging telling me they won't help any more. So I got the store working, but without the data from the old SQL. Then I got the advice to upgrade the data. First I could not get pass the license page. I got through once and was told that I do not have admin/include/configure.php. I finally thought maybe, because admin was called zc_admin was wrong, so I changed zc_admin (this was installed by Ipage) to admin. Now I got through the database upgrade. In the password question I put 154 password. Should I have put the password to the old 139 SQ? Well I thought now I get the data transferred, but instead no data was transferred, only line after line error messages. Could it be when I was testing the store, I put a test person info in the shop or should I have removed this first? I hope this info helps,so the problem is solved!

Plugin Contributions

Originally my problem started when Ipage without any kind of notice upgraded the PHP. I Noticed it when my store disappeared from the net. Ipage installed 154 without transferring the SQL from old to new. After that they left me hanging telling me they won't help any more. So I got the store working, but without the data from the old SQL. Then I got the advice to upgrade the data. First I could not get pass the license page. I got through once and was told that I do not have admin/include/configure.php. I finally thought maybe, because admin was called zc_admin was wrong, so I changed zc_admin (this was installed by Ipage) to admin. Now I got through the database upgrade. In the password question I put 154 password. Should I have put the password to the old 139 SQ? Well I thought now I get the data transferred, but instead no data was transferred, only line after line error messages. Could it be when I was testing the store, I put a test person info in the shop or should I have removed this first? I hope this info helps,so the problem is solved!
    The credentials are verified against the database. When the database is changed (replaced) then the username/password in that database is needed.

Now, say that the database did not transfer, two aspects to this: 1) what was the DB_PREFIX in the old includes/configure.php and what is it in the current includes/configure.php?

The other is related to uploading the old database and whether it includes statements similar to delete table if exists before it creates that same table. Or did you drop the tables and then import the backup database?

Also if do not have the original includes/configure.php file, then take a look at the .sql file from the old store. Do you have table names that look like 'admin' or 'products' or do you have (also have) tables that include some word/phrase before such a table name?

Plugin Contributions

The prefix in the old was zen_ in the new there is none. In the form there was just place I understood for the new password. I never got so far that those questions would appear. When I check the original SQL there are admin and products. It is complete with all the data. Could the problem lie in the fact that because of the PHP upgrade the database is unaccessible?
    I noticed That I have another problem. I am getting a blank admin login page, That is probably, because I have the store configure.php instead of admin configure.php. I have tried to download the 154 to my computer, but it does not have admin/includes/configure.php so I could replace the wrong one. If does not exist would it be possible to use dist_configure or maybe the old file from 139? Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

The prefix in the old was zen_ in the new there is none. In the form there was just place I understood for the new password. I never got so far that those questions would appear. When I check the original SQL there are admin and products. It is complete with all the data. Could the problem lie in the fact that because of the PHP upgrade the database is unaccessible?
    I noticed That I have another problem. I am getting a blank admin login page, That is probably, because I have the store configure.php instead of admin configure.php. I have tried to download the 154 to my computer, but it does not have admin/includes/configure.php so I could replace the wrong one. If does not exist would it be possible to use dist_configure or maybe the old file from 139? Thanks for your help.
    No, the php upgrade did not affect your database or prevent the database upgrade.
    Are you sure that the sql file doesn't also have a zen_admin and/or zen_products? If it doesn't then that means that your host modified the sql before giving it back to you. The DB_PREFIX is text that is added to the front of every table... If your previous store had that prefix, then it would be expected that it would exist in the download of that database...

Okay, so that's covered. As to the blank screen, please look at the issues identified at this thread and see if the condition matches one or more of the issues. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4

But, there is the issue you identified with admin/includes/configure.php... I hate to say this, but at the moment I'm concerned about how best to guide you through this part... Would like it to be a one time, one-shot deal... The ideal situation would have been for you to install the zc 1.5.4 software as if you had no previous store. During that process a new admin version of that file would have been created. And then you could have imported your database and done a database only upgrade... But we're past that point at the moment. So, yes using a copy of dist-config.php might be the next best thing... There are only like 7 maybe 8 define fields for file designations and web access that need to be updated and for the most part they should match what is in your store's includes/configure.php... Then the database information should match your store's version. Of course that said as well, sounds like your store's version probably needs to be replaced also with a copy of the store side dist-configure.php file...

I realize that you were "forced" into part of this condition, but since you have/had access to your original database, following the rebuild instructions really would have been better/faster than this trial and error...

Plugin Contributions

The prefix in the old was zen_ in the new there is none
    If you imported your 1.3.9 database into your 1.5.4 install/database what have you done to get rid of the prefix??
    Please describe the steps you took...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I tried the suggestions and also tried to upgrade the database. I used upgrade cfg, but I seem to just mess the things up, because now even the store disappeared from the net. I must say that I am at my wits end!

Plugin Contributions

Check your private messages
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast