Plugin Contributions

Default Can't Login in After Server Migration at GoDaddy

Last night GoDaddy migrated my site to a new server because it was on an older, slower one with older software. After the migration, the blog was available but not the shop. The error message displayed was the "welcome" screen you get when the config files aren't set up.

Support at GoDaddy finally figured out that a pHp permission was not set properly and the shop was accessible to the public once again.

HOWEVER, I still get this screen when attempting to log into cart admin and they've "checked everything" and are now recommending Woo Commerce. They've submitted a ticket for this problem because they've run out of solutions.

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm guessing the primary one will be "don't use GoDaddy." But is there something that can be corrected without that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't Login in After Server Migration at GoDaddy

Wow... They have a problem and then suggest going with some other software... Amazing...

Check the paths in the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files... If they are manually entered they should be relatively the same (other than the addition of the admin folder name in the admin side). Otherwise, may need to understand what has been done on the store part that is not present in the admin part...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for a quick response! The paths all appear good and match (relatively speaking). I looked at those before I called support.

Also, those files have not been changed or updated in quite a while so I'm confident about their content - plus they were functioning fine yesterday before the migration. I do find it odd that I see the screen when I try to login to admin but at least shoppers can get in.

Does login call something that needs to be changed or could have broken?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    Thanks for a quick response! The paths all appear good and match (relatively speaking). I looked at those before I called support.

Also, those files have not been changed or updated in quite a while so I'm confident about their content - plus they were functioning fine yesterday before the migration. I do find it odd that I see the screen when I try to login to admin but at least shoppers can get in.

Does login call something that needs to be changed or could have broken?
    It does look at a number of things/places... The code is basically controlled first by index.php in the admin folder which loads application_top. It is in application_top I think where the "error" message is determined to be displayed...

What file(s) do you have in admin/includes/local?

Two other thoughts: 1) do you have an includes/local directory and what file(s) are in it?
    2) Have you done a file comparison between pre and post migration? (Files moved/copied, might have corrupted or "dropped" one.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    Last night GoDaddy migrated my site to a new server because it was on an older, slower one with older software. After the migration, the blog was available but not the shop. The error message displayed was the "welcome" screen you get when the config files aren't set up. ...
    Within that "welcome" screen is usually a hint (database vs. file-system configuration) as to what the issue is. Perhaps if you cut&paste the full message wrapped in a "CODE" tag (the # in the formatting bar when you're writing your post), someone could help you decipher the message.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It does look at a number of things/places... The code is basically controlled first by index.php in the admin folder which loads application_top. It is in application_top I think where the "error" message is determined to be displayed...

What file(s) do you have in admin/includes/local?

Two other thoughts: 1) do you have an includes/local directory and what file(s) are in it?
    2) Have you done a file comparison between pre and post migration? (Files moved/copied, might have corrupted or "dropped" one.)
    I just got a message back from GoDaddy. Apparently some files were left behind in the migration and that's been corrected so now everything works! Thanks again for your help! It's good to know there are people "out there" willing to jump in and help!!!

Lindee