Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Sorry that I haven't had time to investigate this myself.
    I was basically wondering if anyone out there has tested the effect of using any solution from the CSS_read_me.txt in a responsive setup. And, if so, what measures needed to be taken (if any) to maintain responsiveness. Does the responsive.css eliminate the need to add any responsive calls to a p_??.css driven page? Do we need a p_??_mobile.css and p_??_tablet.css with the responsive_classic template?
    We don't have a test site or customer using any of these and we start our round of rodeos next week through mid- to late-April.
    Even if nothing is needed, wouldn't it be beneficial to have the file there? With or without responsive-driven additions, knowledge is power.

Plugin Contributions

This is the easiest answer I got!

All the responsive CSS files:

responsive.css
    responsive_default.css
    responsive_mobile.css
    responsive_tablet.css

are loaded via the html_header so they get loaded on every page with the exception for the popup_image and popup_image_additional pages.

On Desktops the popup_image and popup_image_additional window will resize to the images full width, for tablet and mobile devices the page simply open in a new window.

The above responsive CSS files are loaded via the html_header so that they are loaded last and can override any and all rules within the normal stock CSS structure, so no, you do not need separate p_??.css, p_??_mobile.css and p_??_tablet.css files. Simply adding your css to manipulate elements on specific devices should be put in the responsive_default.css file and device specific responsive_mobile.css or responsive_tablet.css file.

I do agree, better documentation is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Sorry that I haven't had time to investigate this myself.
    I was basically wondering if anyone out there has tested the effect of using any solution from the CSS_read_me.txt in a responsive setup. And, if so, what measures needed to be taken (if any) to maintain responsiveness. Does the responsive.css eliminate the need to add any responsive calls to a p_??.css driven page? Do we need a p_??_mobile.css and p_??_tablet.css with the responsive_classic template?
    We don't have a test site or customer using any of these and we start our round of rodeos next week through mid- to late-April.
    Even if nothing is needed, wouldn't it be beneficial to have the file there? With or without responsive-driven additions, knowledge is power.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    This is the easiest answer I got!

All the responsive CSS files:

responsive.css
    responsive_default.css
    responsive_mobile.css
    responsive_tablet.css

are loaded via the html_header so they get loaded on every page with the exception for the popup_image and popup_image_additional pages.

On Desktops the popup_image and popup_image_additional window will resize to the images full width, for tablet and mobile devices the page simply open in a new window.

The above responsive CSS files are loaded via the html_header so that they are loaded last and can override any and all rules within the normal stock CSS structure, so no, you do not need separate p_??.css, p_??_mobile.css and p_??_tablet.css files. Simply adding your css to manipulate elements on specific devices should be put in the responsive_default.css file and device specific responsive_mobile.css or responsive_tablet.css file.

I do agree, better documentation is needed.
    Yes, what he said

There is a great readme with some helpful hints included that was included with the new version of the DIY template default. Maybe Raymond can post this or it can be included in the package?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne,

The newest version of the DIY template default hasn't been submitted yet, The dev team is still making changes in git so I was going to wait so I could change the readme if needed.

I guess I could submit a 1.5.4readme version and add 1.5.5 later.

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Yes, what he said

There is a great readme with some helpful hints included that was included with the new version of the DIY template default. Maybe Raymond can post this or it can be included in the package?

Thanks,

Anne
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

In the stylesheet_colors.css I'm finding what appears to be duplicated elements. e.g.
    Code:
    /*bof background colors*/
    #mainWrapper, #headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #contentMainWrapper, #headerWrapper, .sideBoxContent, .rightBoxContent, .rowOdd, #productQuantityDiscounts table, #accountLinksWrapper {background:#fff;}
    input:focus, select:focus, textarea:focus, #mainWrapper, .specialsListBoxContents:hover, .centerBoxContentsSpecials:hover, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch:hover, .centerBoxContentsFeatured:hover, .centerBoxContentsNew:hover, .categoryListBoxContents:hover, .sideBoxContentItem:hover, .productListing-odd, #pinfo-right, #sendSpendWrapper {background:#f4f4f4;}
    In the first instance three ids including #mainWrapper appear to be styled twice as background:#fff.
    In the second instance #mainWrapper is now styled background:#f4f4f4

This can't be right, right?
    Last edited by lucidlee; 2 Feb 2016 at 03:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlee View Post
    In the stylesheet_colors.css I'm finding what appears to be duplicated elements. e.g.
    Code:
    /*bof background colors*/
    #mainWrapper, #headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #contentMainWrapper, #headerWrapper, .sideBoxContent, .rightBoxContent, .rowOdd, #productQuantityDiscounts table, #accountLinksWrapper {background:#fff;}
    input:focus, select:focus, textarea:focus, #mainWrapper, .specialsListBoxContents:hover, .centerBoxContentsSpecials:hover, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch:hover, .centerBoxContentsFeatured:hover, .centerBoxContentsNew:hover, .categoryListBoxContents:hover, .sideBoxContentItem:hover, .productListing-odd, #pinfo-right, #sendSpendWrapper {background:#f4f4f4;}
    In the first instance three ids including #mainWrapper appear to be styled twice as background:#fff.
    In the second instance #mainWrapper is now styled background:#f4f4f4

This can't be right, right?
    Thank you for the catch. I'll get an update submitted.

Thanks,

Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    The newest version of the DIY template default hasn't been submitted yet, The dev team is still making changes in git so I was going to wait so I could change the readme if needed.

I guess I could submit a 1.5.4readme version and add 1.5.5 later.
    I think the core components that affect the templates in v155 are pretty much completed in git ... unless you've got further suggestions we should incorporate. At this point we have no scheduled plans to make further changes in that area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah while in OCD mode here's a few more
    Code:
    /*bof background colors*/#popupAdditionalImage {background:#f1f1e0;}
    #popupAdditionalImage {background:none;}

/*bof font colors*/
    .productListing-rowheading a {color: #ffffff;}
    .productListing-rowheading a {color: #ffffff;}

.productPriceDiscount {color:#333;}
    .productPriceDiscount {color:#ff0000;}

#navCatTabs li a:hover {color: #ffffff;}
    #navCatTabs li:hover {color: #ffffff;}
    .categoryListBoxContents a:hover {color:#05a5bc;}
    .categoryListBoxContents:hover a {color:#05a5bc;}
    Not sure about the last two.

Plugin Contributions

Ran into a problem with additional images being larger than the productMainImage when viewed on an iPhone6 in portrait. I noticed that the portrait portion of the responsive_mobile.css has
    PHP Code:
    .additionalImages img{width:90%;margin:0 auto;}
    additionalImages{float:left !important;} 
    on line 382 while the landscape did not.
    Commenting out those two lines fixed the problem.
    It would be nice to have them side by side but, that's a horse of a different waterhole.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 3 Feb 2016 at 07:47 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update!

I do have further suggestions but not specific to this template nor even the template system or this particular version of zen cart. More to do with future extensions to the core to better handle 3rd party frameworks and mobile only features. I will fork 1.5.5 and submit the pull requests for those as time permits but I will fork and submit the pull request for the readme later today.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I think the core components that affect the templates in v155 are pretty much completed in git ... unless you've got further suggestions we should incorporate. At this point we have no scheduled plans to make further changes in that area.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast