Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Hi
    Why not add scss instead of css ?
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I don't see any benefit to scss as far as the responsive code itself goes, Anne may choose to answer as far as the template styling, I really think her answer is going to fall somewhere in the lines of "design restrictions" and "template override minimums" to keep this as close to the "stock" classic template as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Hi
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

hi
    I haven't seen the template, nor tested 1.55. So it's not criticism, more of a suggestion, because I honestly dont' see myself writing pure css anymore, or making a site without a grid system(susy, singulaitygs or whatever) and media query's.
    I've made for myself, didn't shared because it's not finish, and I made some changes to use semantics, that later i realize that there's was a module that did that.
    The template based on the classic (not the default).
    And basically it's "inspired" on some drupal subthemes and drush, in a very ingenious way.
    But basically I made a bash script, where I named the new template and type some other info to the template info. Then he copies, creates all the basic and needed stuff from classic to a new template.
    In the process, I actually overrided (or renamed the breadcrumd class), because I wanted to have semantics on it. That's the only core file, that actually changed, but the original it's there
    The bash script creates the node_modules folder and bower, and sass folder and sub-folders, plus a gulp, json, but it only install the npm modules, if I type install at the end of the bash script.

In the admin, yes, there's a template config fields in the configuration section, where I can paste what script files I want to send to the footer.

And some options, like if I want to use the main table, or just use div ( I just use divs) , a option to disable Column / Boxes width ( I want to contrel them with media querys), and a option to add to <body> all the category classes , products, and manufactures ( as I recall ) , so I can work with classes and not new css files with that name. Example:

<body id="productbookxinfoBody" class="pID-1 p-product_bookx_info l-pt l-pt-product_bookx_info c_1 l-pt_c_1 l-pt_pID_1">

The only thing left , was to change all css colors to a sass way, using variables, etc... that I actually didn't fininsh.

This works for me, possibly not fo others.
    The responsive way. Well, i actually use the media querys and grid layouts when I need them, not so much different responsive style files, but I think there's also a npm module that aggregates media querys to different files. Not to mention the use of gulp tasks or grunt, in images, sprites...etc.

But again, this are just ideas, not critics. I know all that work that's involved and for free, and I very much appreciated the spirit.

Best regards
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Hi
    Although you and I may be familiar with scss and how to compile it to CSS. For the big majority of users it would over complicate things.
    When I use scss I tend to leave the on the dev site, and only copy the CSS files to the live environment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Although you and I may be familiar with scss and how to compile it to CSS. For the big majority of users it would over complicate things.
    When I use scss I tend to leave the on the dev site, and only copy the CSS files to the live environment.
    I can see that, but let's be honest, in a zencart plataform and others, two things can happen: you hired someone and buy a template, or in a week you'll have a crash course in php and css, and if you fail, you'll hired someone and buy a template.
    And, despite the sass structure is present, a user doesn't have to use it. That happen to me the first time I saw sass in a template. Didn't had time to learn all that, so I just work with css.
    Anyway, it's fine for me.

Best Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Ran into a problem with additional images being larger than the productMainImage when viewed on an iPhone6 in portrait. I noticed that the portrait portion of the responsive_mobile.css has
    PHP Code:
    .additionalImages img{width:90%;margin:0 auto;}
    additionalImages{float:left !important;} 
    on line 382 while the landscape did not.
    Commenting out those two lines fixed the problem.
    It would be nice to have them side by side but, that's a horse of a different waterhole.
    Do you have a link to a page with this? With the demo products this code is working for portrait phones with the additional images the correct size and floating left in a row. Can you also let me know your image size settings and how many additional images you have set per row?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

As I'm building a new site, I've decided to use the Responsive Classic Template.

My store has a lot of categories that appear in the left sidebar. Currently they also appear just below the header in the blue navigation area (in the navCatTabs section perhaps?). As there are about 30 categories it takes up too much space so I want to turn it off.

What do I need to do?

I want to do further customizing and wonder if there are any tutorials or general guidelines available.

Thanks in advance...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Freak View Post
    As I'm building a new site, I've decided to use the Responsive Classic Template.

My store has a lot of categories that appear in the left sidebar. Currently they also appear just below the header in the blue navigation area (in the navCatTabs section perhaps?). As there are about 30 categories it takes up too much space so I want to turn it off.

What do I need to do?

I want to do further customizing and wonder if there are any tutorials or general guidelines available.

Thanks in advance...
    This top categories navigation is a native zen cart function and can be easily turned off in admin--configuration--layout settings

Thanks,

Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Freak View Post
    NOTE: Since you've downloaded a BETA copy of v155, MAKE SURE that you replace all the files on your site after the official v155 code is released, else you could be missing some important bugfixes that resolve problems that are/were in the beta you downloaded.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When trying to create a new customer, I've found a bit of a visual ambiguity for the required field indicator on iPhone screens.
    The first picture is of the New Customer section of the Login screen, showing the *s for required fields at the end of the fields, which is clear enough.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 10.40.23.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	16057
    The second picture shows the same screen on an iPhone 5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	16058
    Unfortunately the *s end up on a line by themselves and it's not totally clear which field they apply to. Would it be clearer (and possible) to put them after the text label?
    i.e.
    First Name: *
    [ Text Field ]
    Last Name: *
    [Text Field ]
    etc.

Andy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast