Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by amayze View Post
    When trying to create a new customer, I've found a bit of a visual ambiguity for the required field indicator on iPhone screens.
    The first picture is of the New Customer section of the Login screen, showing the *s for required fields at the end of the fields, which is clear enough.
    Attachment 16057
    The second picture shows the same screen on an iPhone 5.
    Attachment 16058
    Unfortunately the *s end up on a line by themselves and it's not totally clear which field they apply to. Would it be clearer (and possible) to put them after the text label?
    i.e.
    First Name: *
    [ Text Field ]
    Last Name: *
    [Text Field ]
    etc.

Andy
    This can be done by editing the php file to move the code for the required field. You can do a developers toolkit search to find the correct file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I've been doing some research and adding the "required" indicator to the inputs placeholder is becoming increasingly popular and it is cross browser supported. This of course excludes selects, radio and check-boxes.

Surprisingly IMO, it actually looks really nice and eliminates the line breaks on smaller devices.

When trying to create a new customer, I've found a bit of a visual ambiguity for the required field indicator on iPhone screens.
    The first picture is of the New Customer section of the Login screen, showing the *s for required fields at the end of the fields, which is clear enough.
    Attachment 16057
    The second picture shows the same screen on an iPhone 5.
    Attachment 16058
    Unfortunately the *s end up on a line by themselves and it's not totally clear which field they apply to. Would it be clearer (and possible) to put them after the text label?
    i.e.
    First Name: *
    [ Text Field ]
    Last Name: *
    [Text Field ]
    etc.

Andy
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe Chris (DrByte) can weigh in as if there is future plans for the "placeholder attribute" or if at some point it will get added to the functions parameters.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I'm glad it could be done so easily!

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This top categories navigation is a native zen cart function and can be easily turned off in admin--configuration--layout settings

Thanks,

Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Maybe Chris (DrByte) can weigh in as if there is future plans for the "placeholder attribute" or if at some point it will get added to the functions parameters.
    Our work in v160 embraces the placeholder attribute. I guess that didn't get ported back to v155.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I've been doing some research and adding the "required" indicator to the inputs placeholder is becoming increasingly popular and it is cross browser supported. This of course excludes selects, radio and check-boxes.

Surprisingly IMO, it actually looks really nice and eliminates the line breaks on smaller devices.
    So I've worked out how to do this in tel_contact_us_default.php:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="contactname"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME . '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('contactname', $name, ' size="40" id="contactname"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    But for the other files that have required fields I'm stuck. e.g. in tpl_modules_create_account.php:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="firstname"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('firstname', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_firstname', '40') . ' id="firstname"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    If I do the following:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="firstname"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>'; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('firstname', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_firstname', '40') . ' id="firstname"') : ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    it breaks the form and nothing is displayed.
    My PHP and HTML knowledge was good enough to make my own template for use in 1.3.x and up, but I'm stuck now!
    Andy

Plugin Contributions

My suggestion was to add the "required" indicator to the inputs placeholder.

A demo of what I mean can be seen here and the files can be downloaded via git

If your looking to move the "required" indicator to the right side of the label then copy what was done on the text area field on the contact us page. It's just an indicator and has no affect over validation nor do the constants need the "null" statement.

PHP Code:
    <label for="enquiry"><?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY '<span class="alert">' ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL '</span>'?></label>

So I've worked out how to do this in tel_contact_us_default.php:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="contactname"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME . '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('contactname', $name, ' size="40" id="contactname"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    But for the other files that have required fields I'm stuck. e.g. in tpl_modules_create_account.php:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="firstname"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('firstname', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_firstname', '40') . ' id="firstname"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    If I do the following:
    Code:
    <label class="inputLabel" for="firstname"><?php echo ENTRY_FIRST_NAME . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>'; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('firstname', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_firstname', '40') . ' id="firstname"') : ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    it breaks the form and nothing is displayed.
    My PHP and HTML knowledge was good enough to make my own template for use in 1.3.x and up, but I'm stuck now!
    Andy

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Great work guys!!

Just for general information if someone is looking through the plugins for this template: There is a template by the same name "Responsive Classic" (see https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1816 ) which is NOT related to this template. So if anyone downloads that older plugin, it is NOT the same as the template discussed in this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Great work guys!!

Just for general information if someone is looking through the plugins for this template: There is a template by the same name "Responsive Classic" (see https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1816 ) which is NOT related to this template. So if anyone downloads that older plugin, it is NOT the same as the template discussed in this thread.
    That is true! Thank you for posting this, Frank ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast