Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion How I setup a Make Offer system

I'm selling assoted used vintage stuff in a garage/estate sale. I needed a way to allow people to haggle over the prices.

I tried to install the ask a question module, but it broke the site. I am using the westminster new template that has a left side slide out tab. I modified the tab arrow image, making it taller with "Make Offer" text arranged vertically. Then added the following text to the slide out. I also modified the template to specify the new height for the arrow image.

------------------------------
    Make-An-Offer
    One of the hallmarks of garage & estate sales is haggling over the price.
    But without a face to face...
    How can this work?
    Just copy the item number to the "Contact Us" form. Include your best offer. Complete the form & click "Send Now"
    or
    Add items to your cart, to save your cart, create an account
    Then use the "Contact Us" form with your offer for the lot and include your username for the account.
    I will review the offer & reply with a counteroffer or accept your offer with a coupon code reflecting that discount.
    Simply enter the coupon at checkout to complete your order.
    NOTES: The coupon code will expire within 24 hours.
    Items saved in cart are not removed from inventory & can be bought by someone else.
    ------------------------------
    I'm adding the item# at the beginning of each product description so customers can easily copy it to the contact form if they don't want to go thru the hassle of creating an account. I installed Who's Online & it looks like I will be able to view the inactive cart of anyone who creates an account, as well as guests who have not timed out; to consider offers.

My site is a long ways from ready but the slide out can be viewed at http://www.thebuckinghamcompany.com/shop. The current banners are just temporary & as of today there are just a few items listed.

I know this is not the most elegant solution. I promise to try to come back later & report on it's effectiveness.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How I setup a Make Offer system

You know there is an auction product type:https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=45

This would simplify the process you are suggesting and minimize your intervention...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...