Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: US and rest of the world shipping configuration

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I believe that true; however, perhaps an easier method might be to use a little space at the top to provide a key of what the indicators mean.
    I thought exactly same thing, giving more info explicitly; however I think in the new version (1.6 or at least 2.0) the whole zone, taxes, and shipping should be made more "idiot" (like myself) proof.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It is a bit obscure. Here's how it works: The admin modules screen has no knowledge of any actual "address", so when it runs the various status tests on each module and hits the "does the provided address have any zone restrictions disallowing this module to be used?" it trips the yellow flag like this:
    - a zone restriction exists, so now we have to test whether the provided address falls within that zone
    - since the provided address (there isn't one) doesn't fall within that zone (it can't), the module trips the $this->enabled variable to be false.
    And that's what triggers the yellow icon in relation to zones. At least in v1.3.x-1.5.5 anyway.
    No wonder that in my previous reviews of the shipping code that I would throw my hands up about zones.m. "Obviously" didn't understand them. however, in this case obviously didn't understand how they were being used in the "short" view... Much appreciation both in meeting Ajeh's expectations and the explanation. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    I thought exactly same thing, giving more info explicitly; however I think in the new version (1.6 or at least 2.0) the whole zone, taxes, and shipping should be made more "idiot" (like myself) proof.
    Not going to make the developers say this, and no disrespect. Only issue with making things "idiot" proof is that there is always a "better" idiot. :)

It is though one reason this forum is here is so that the little nuances can be discussed/understood...

You understand now... When you see someone else having the same "issue" you can now explain to them in basic words what is going on. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Chad,
    Do you mind opening an issue on github for this? The description can be brief and then give a link to the URL of this discussion.
    Doesnt need to be code, just open an Issue for it. Then when I'm looking at open matters it'll bubble up again. ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Chad,
    Do you mind opening an issue on github for this? The description can be brief and then give a link to the URL of this discussion.
    Doesnt need to be code, just open an Issue for it. Then when I'm looking at open matters it'll bubble up again. ;)
    Done, issue# 794

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123