Plugin Contributions

Default Ready to go live after fresh install rebuild/upgrade. Did I just screw up?

Hello All,
    I just upgraded/rebuilt my store in a separate folder on my server: .com/shop and am ready to go live and move it all into my root folder of .com

Now, I did this with a new database, but already loaded the old database into it and upgraded it. Did I just screw up here? I haven't done an upgrade in a few years and this was only my second time, so I'm not sure if I messed up or not. I was thinking for some reason that I have the site fully live in the .com/shop and just move it all into the .com area (the root) and all is good. (changing the config and all).

Am I right or wrong. Will I have to redo the database and upgrade the database again?
    Please advise. I thought I did everything right, but not I'm not so sure... Didn't really want to proceed here unless I had it right.
    here is my current temp site:
    www.earthscauldron.com/shop
    Thanks so much!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ready to go live after fresh install rebuild/upgrade. Did I just screw up?

Nevermind :)
    I took the plunge and just did it. It works just fine.
    Store is back to normal with just some cosmetic editing and page editing to finish.
    www.earthscauldron.com
    Thanks so much for your time!
    You are have always been so generous with your help, it is much appreciated by many!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ready to go live after fresh install rebuild/upgrade. Did I just screw up?

The only thing that would have been a concern is what "happened" between the time the backup was made and the "new" store was put online... If the "old" store was put in maintenance mode when (before) the backup was made, then nothing would have really happened on the live site other than possibly some logged attempts to get to the site... If however any sales were made, new customers, passwords or other user data changed, then they wouldn't be in the "new" database.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ohh, and for clarity, did you overwrite the existing store or did you "clear" out the old store files to only have your new files? (Fwiw, if the two stores were in folders as seen from ftp, but at the "root" as seen by a visitor for the old store and a sub-folder for the new store, the folders could have been renamed as part of this "move".)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...