Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password Forgotten - Error: The Email Address was not found in our records;

My bad (); that message is in Zen Cart v1.5.4 language file, but it's not used in the page's processing.

The standard processing for Zen Cart v1.5.4 (and later) is to display the message A new password has been sent to your email address. regardless whether the email address was found.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password Forgotten - Error: The Email Address was not found in our records;

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    My bad (); that message is in Zen Cart v1.5.4 language file, but it's not used in the page's processing.

The standard processing for Zen Cart v1.5.4 (and later) is to display the message A new password has been sent to your email address. regardless whether the email address was found.
    No problem...I assume that's not the cause of the problem I'm having with the client's email not being recognized when it's actually in the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kcb410 View Post
    Okay ... Interesting, I'll have to compare our password_forgotten to a fresh 1.54 version.

This error is only happening with one clients account, the password forgotten functions normally for other clients and our test account.
    Wondering if this "one" account is an issue for a different reason?

You've been able to reproduce the error using the e-mail address that has been provided, is in the store database, and is the only customer that has reported this issue?

Looks like the source of files that I used to search did not include some aspect that would have shown the define: TEXT_NO_EMAIL_ADDRESS_FOUND as listed in includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/password_forgotten.php. At the same time in ZC 1.5.4 that is a define that is otherwise unused in whole (perhaps some piecing together for parts of it is done, though I doubt as I've provided incorrect credentials a number of times on such a system and always get the same you dummy-head message. :) )
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12