Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error regarding split_page.php - Sheffield Blue 2.0

Ok after some messing around Ive now managed to get rid of the errors and everything is functioning., no errors are being logged.

But I now have a new problem. The split columes used on the product listing page(s) are not working and seems to be defaulting back to the classic layout for product listing.

Demo - http://zenlyzen.com/mobile-friendly-...dex&cPath=3_10

My site - http://www.thegreatgiftshop.co.uk/in...ex&cPath=10_74

Any ideas?

Regards,

John

Plugin Contributions

ok so after more investigation it seems the 'product lists' thats the Featured items,view all,product lists etc are all defaulting back to the original tpl_tabular_display.php and ignoring the sheffield blue responsive template in override.

The tpl_tabular_display.php is found in Inc/templates/templates_default/common and if I convert that file into a .BAK file on my server no item lists then display.

Still confused about why this had happened though or how to fix it

Regards,

John

Plugin Contributions

in Inc/templates/templates_default/common and if I convert that file into a .BAK file
    Please do not mess with the template_default files
    ZenCart's override system needs the base file to exist and will use an override file if there is one
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

This looks like an issue with sql and aliases. where a table you are querying is set to a letter "p" to make the sql easier. Could I suggest that you put everything back as it was then modify includes/classes/split_page_results.php to turn on the debugging.
    after " global $db;" on line 27 add a line as below
    PHP Code:
    $debug=true
    upload the changed file then rerun the page that is giving you issues. This will look bad as lodes of extra printing will be on the screen. copy and paste the extra info in reply to this post and I'll take a look from there. This may take a bit of time as we will have to go step by step to find the solution.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Morning all!

After spending many hours tearing hair out to fix this problem(s) Ive finally solved both.

Unfortunately in regards the initial problem with the error message and log file im not sure what I did, I obviously did something but it seemed to fix itself though ultimately it reverted back to the Tubular default template.

Britainmark as it turns out is on the money. I had experimented with Anna's 'All Bis template' when deciding on a template which most suits our need. which requires a seperate .sql.

I left that .sql in my database initially and when trying to fix the errors on the all listing and Featured page for Sheffield Blue used the .sql script Anna provided for Un- installation of that template to give myself a 'clean slate'.

Unfortunately that forced the Tubular default which was ignoring all the overrides. So I uploaded the first part of the .sql from all Bis which references the layout and changed the layout settings in Admin - configuration from rows to columns (this Option is what the .sql seems to add to the options) and BOOM it all works.

It appears that possibly the autoloaders with the Sheffield Blue didn't work for me.

Gone about 10 hours now and no new log errors ----today will be a good day!

Cheers for the help/offerings!

John

Plugin Contributions

If you want to try to get to the bottom of the issue check out the index filters. I suspect that there may be one that you use for columns that are not default zen cart. If this is the case then make make sure that in the code where ever you have ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' in the code that it is followed by '" p .." if you do not have the space then the table name will have p appended to it and if the space p is missing then it will not be recognised." below is and example of ok
    PHP Code:
         $listing_sql "select " $select_column_list " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, if(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status
           from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p left join " 
    not ok
    PHP Code:
         $listing_sql "select " $select_column_list " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, if(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status
           from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS "p left join " 
    Could be worth checking out just in case you want to use rows for your listing.

they are in includes\index_filters\ or just search for $listing_sql.
    Last edited by brittainmark; 27 Jan 2016 at 11:50 AM.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

I am getting the exact same error log. I tried looking into the " p left join " that brittainmark mentioned and my code is correct.

Is there another solution for this problem? It appears Bronco78th solved it, but I didn't really understand how his fix would apply to me. And actually, I can't seem to recreate the error either. It shows up daily in my logs, so customers are obviously creating it, but how do I go about duplicating it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12