Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Payments Pro Error 15010

After I set up PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Payments Pro, (Auth Only), the Authorization works okay in both Express and Pro, and I can Capture the Authorization in PayPal Express Checkout fine. But I cannot Capture the Authorization or Void the Authorization in PayPal Payments Pro. I get Error message 15010:
    "This authorization can only be handled through the gateway which created it. This authorization must be captured, voided, or reauthorized through the gateway."
    Is this by design or what am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Payments Pro Error 15010

PayPal Payments Pro is a gateway - You do have an account with them for this - correct??
    This is not just your paypal account - it is a fee based addition
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I have a gateway account with PayPal. I can see all the authorized transactions in PayPal Manager (as well as Zencart), but I can't void them or capture them in PayPal Manager either. We currently use the Ceon Manual Card payment module v 4.0.1 and we are trying to switch to PayPal Payments Pro instead. The Manual Card module was enabled when I tried some transactions through PayPal Pro, but after I disabled the Manual Card module and tried a transaction again I got the same result: error message 15010. Any help would be most appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Direct from the paypal api
    This authorization can only be handled through the gateway which created it. This authorization must be captured, voided, updated or reauthorized through the gateway.

Corrections
    DoAuthorization
    DoCancel
    DoCapture
    DoReauthorization
    DoVoid
    UpdateAuthorization
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Possibly something that would/could be corrected by upgrading or using more recent version of that payment process code? (Could set up a very temp site and try that round of testing from there?)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your input. I am using PayPal Payments Pro version 1.5.1, I thought that was the latest version(?) I don't understand Kobra's answer, is that the way to correct the problem? When I look at the order in Zen Cart Admin, the credit card is already authorized. I only have the option of Do Full Refund, Do Partial Refund, Do Capture or Do Void. I didn't try to refund the card, but Do Capture and Do Void give me the error code 15010.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteK View Post
    Thank you for your input. I am using PayPal Payments Pro version 1.5.1, I thought that was the latest version(?) I don't understand Kobra's answer, is that the way to correct the problem? When I look at the order in Zen Cart Admin, the credit card is already authorized. I only have the option of Do Full Refund, Do Partial Refund, Do Capture or Do Void. I didn't try to refund the card, but Do Capture and Do Void give me the error code 15010.
    First of all, your version 1.5.1 goes along with your ZC version. ZC is now at this moment at 1.5.4 with 1.5.5 to be released very soon (like in the next couple of weeks). But that aside, from the description of the process attempted and the options available it sounds like it may be something different.. (though still a good idea to upgrade if your server environment supports it and if not then perhaps a different server/host is in order.) Anyways, in my experience on using PayPal Express Checkout, there is the option to accept "payment" but not actually collect the funds until you authorize the payment. This can be established for a number of reasons, but regardless because in that environment the funds are not "captured", when it becomes necessary to commit the funds to your account, it would seem that Do Capture would accomplish that task. Then because the funds are not yet committed before selecting that option, it is possible to Void the purchase and not be able to collect the funds for that transaction by selecting Do Void... At this point the purchasing party isn't charged and there is no money that goes away from your own account.

If the you have received the money from someone (ie paypal account balance or bank account if so linked has increased, then you have the money) then you would need to return the money to them. This would be through the Refund process. If only a portion of the total money is to be returned, well would Do Partial Refund. Once that is chosen, in order to eventually give all the money back you would need to do another Partial Refund to return whatever remaining balance there is. You can not at that point do a Full Refund. If, however, the total amount is to be returned, then would do a Full Refund and be done.

Kobra's recent post is information directly from PayPal and associated with the "requirements" used to make all this processing stuff work. It basically restates what has been identified but also shows some "functions" that can/should be used to do further processing.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteK View Post
    After I set up PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Payments Pro, (Auth Only), the Authorization works okay in both Express and Pro, and I can Capture the Authorization in PayPal Express Checkout fine. But I cannot Capture the Authorization or Void the Authorization in PayPal Payments Pro. I get Error message 15010:
    "This authorization can only be handled through the gateway which created it. This authorization must be captured, voided, or reauthorized through the gateway."
    Is this by design or what am I missing?
    From within your PayPal console, what status does it show for that transaction? Does it still show as "Authorized" and not captured etc?
    AND, what options does PayPal offer you for managing the transaction at that point ... do they offer you a "Capture" button? "Void"? "Refund"? I'm curious what they're presenting, as that also reflects the status they're treating the transaction as.

And in your ZC admin, do you have the identical PayPal "credentials" entered in both the EC and Pro modules? AND are BOTH modules set to "Auth Only"?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FWIW, I'm not finding any bugfix code changes between v1.5.1 and v1.5.4 related to this matter.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

AnnetteK, You provided me a log of the 15010 error. Can you also provide a log for the original transaction, when the Authorization was made by your store?
    I want to compare the account credentials that both submissions are using. If they're the same, then the problem is on PayPal's end. If they're different, then it warrants further research to determine why a different set of credentials are being used at all (and how is that possible within your ZC), etc. I've not been able to recreate that problem on my sandbox accounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast