Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ZenAwesomeCloud Sidebox [Support]

I’ve combined ZenTagCloud with jQuary AwesomeCloud to make ZenAwesomeCloud…

Decided it was too many changes to call it an update, thus the new sidebox.

Besides the sidebox, I also included a page based on the about page as a demo or as an add in for another page… this page is not needed if all you want is the sidebox.

AwesomeCloud has 7 shapes it can do and different settings which I’ve setup an admin config page so you can easily change things. Also has the ability to add your own list of tags. AwesomeCloud has problems with some jQuary scripts like uispinner. If for some reason script has an issue, it defaults to a standard tag cloud.

There’s some more things I wanted to do, but my computer died so will be rebuilding things.

The download is now available in the add on section…
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2057

No changes to core files, tested with ZC 1.5.4 only.. PHP 5.4 and 5.5
    Running live on my site.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenAwesomeCloud Sidebox [Support]

Does this module allow customers to submit their own tags to the product? I have over 12,000 items in our store, and it would be nice if the module allowed website visitors to submit their own tags for review on individual products which an admin can approve. That way, tags get added on an exponential basis without having to have one of our admins individually create tags on the products.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Does this module allow customers to submit their own tags to the product? I have over 12,000 items in our store, and it would be nice if the module allowed website visitors to submit their own tags for review on individual products which an admin can approve. That way, tags get added on an exponential basis without having to have one of our admins individually create tags on the products.
    no.. the tags are created from the product categories with links to the category and product meta-data with links to the advance search. The admin create tag list links back to the main site as site branding. Making the tag cloud a fancy product menu.

It would be possible to add a function to take in titles from the reviews, but then the logic would become more of a blog content menu.

To take in user submitted tags would require more front and back end coding pages.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Installed this plugin on 1.5.1 version but couldn't find the control in admin..

But on front end, it's displaying.. I guess it's not meant for earlier version..?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by naczyls747 View Post
    Installed this plugin on 1.5.1 version but couldn't find the control in admin..

But on front end, it's displaying.. I guess it's not meant for earlier version..?
    Sorry.. I reuploaded the files into the server and they work well now. Even on 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by naczyls747 View Post
    Sorry.. I reuploaded the files into the server and they work well now. Even on 1.5.1
    Thanks for the update.. I have it working on a test server with ZC 1.5.5a and PHP5.6 without changing anything.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

The side box is too long with hundreds of keywords in it, how to control it and make fit within the site (shorter with keywords mainly from the page that is displaying).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    The side box is too long with hundreds of keywords in it, how to control it and make fit within the site (shorter with keywords mainly from the page that is displaying).
    Looking back at the code I see the word limit didn't get in.. well have to add that and do an up date. With it you can limit the number of words used in the cloud.

The words are created from three locations, Your site categorises, Meta Tags, your own key word list if used. With the cats and meta tags creating links to the products, and your words go to the advance search.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Looking back at the code I see the word limit didn't get in.. well have to add that and do an up date. With it you can limit the number of words used in the cloud.
    Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused, are you saying that you want to update the code for the word limit or is it me that need to do he update?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TamyA View Post
    Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused, are you saying that you want to update the code for the word limit or is it me that need to do he update?
    After taking another look and trying to recreate your problem, without link to your site I can only guess at the cause. I have it running on PHP7.1, jQuery 3.2.1 and ZC 1.5.5e without any problems.

The container used to house the word cloud is sized by the CSS! If that was changed or missing, then the container would fail.
    Code:
    /*Adjust the height to meet your needs*/
    .wordcloudside {height: 4in;padding: 0;page-break-after: always;page-break-inside: avoid;}
    .wordcloud {height: 4in;margin: 0.5in auto;padding: 0;page-break-after: always;page-break-inside: avoid;width: 4in;}
    The word limit is simple to do, but does not change the container just the number of words used in the cloud. I'll do an update when I get time, if you want to add it now, its just adding a array_slice() before the array is used to create the links..
    Which is in the includes/classes/zentagcloud.php
    look for showCloud and add the lines in red..
    Code:
     function showCloud($returnType = "html")
        {

$taglimit = MAX_TAGS;    
        $this->gtags = array_slice($this->gtags, 0, (int)$taglimit);

$nofollow = (USE_NOFOLLOW == 'true') ? 'rel="nofollow"' : ''; //setup nofollow for bots
          $max = 0;
          if (is_array($this->gtags))
    I know if the java fails or has a conflict with another script you just get a list of tags that follow no rules.. If that's what your getting then check your site for script errors.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast