Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping to Disable Showing Option for Paid Shipping

I use one shipping method. I've figured a rate per pound that will work. I would like to (at this time) offer free shipping on all orders over $500.

Setting these up worked just fine, but the option to pay for shipping is still visible when free shipping is activated based on the dollar amount of the purchase. I would like to disable display of paid shipping when free shipping is activated.

I have Per Unit and Free Shipping Options activated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping to Disable Showing Option for Paid Shipping

Is the Free Shipping for over $500 for everyone?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes. Free shipping for everyone. Only US shipping is enabled. Is that the problem?

International shipping will be handled manually (not via the cart) due to various restrictions and shipping costs.

Plugin Contributions

The idea is to know what shipping module(s) are you using when the order is < $500 for everyone.

If you then want the US only to have Free Shipping only when orders are >= 500 ... then turn off the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and use in the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping and set to enable free shipping on orders of 500.00 for National and the US will only see the Free Shipping on orders >= 500.00 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ok lets try again.

Settings:
    Free Option >= 500.
    Per unit = ON
    Free option = ON
    International - NO SALE.
    US ONLY - Only Shipping Zone active

Desired behavior:
    Cart >= 500 display only Free Option.
    Cart < 500 display only Per Unit.

Actual behavior:
    Cart < 500 Displays only Per Unit
    Cart >= 500 Displays both Per Unit and Free Options

Why its a problem:

BAD = Customers may pay for shipping when they should not causing aggravation and dischord for them when they realize it. This is bad for customer relations.

BAD = Creates additional headache and time demand for manual operations both on the cart and one the payment system to refund shipping charged. This is bad for company efficiency.

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping Options freeoptions does not turn off other shipping modules ...

Could you possibly tell me what shipping module(s) you have installed?

You must have some other shipping module installed besides Free Shipping Options freeoptions for orders less than $500.00 ...

Are you just trying to get Per Unit perweightunit to turn off when the Zone is the US and the order is >= $500.00?

And when you say:
    International - NO SALE.
    Does that mean NO ONE from outside of the US can checkout at any time?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Free Shipping Options freeoptions does not turn off other shipping modules ...

Could you possibly tell me what shipping module(s) you have installed?

Per unit = ON
    Free option = ON
    You must have some other shipping module installed besides Free Shipping Options freeoptions for orders less than $500.00 ...

Per unit = ON
    Free option = ON
    Are you just trying to get Per Unit perweightunit to turn off when the Zone is the US and the order is >= $500.00?

Yes, when free shipping is available no other option should display.
    And when you say:

Does that mean NO ONE from outside of the US can checkout at any time?

Yes. No one outside the US can check out at any time using the Zen-Cart system. This should be irrelevant, but was mentioned just in case.

Are you yanking my chain?

Plugin Contributions

No I am trying to help you but I need to know for sure what you are really wanting to see on the shipping and how the shipping should work for the US and for anyone not in the US ...

You said:
    Desired behavior:
    and you said:
    International - NO SALE.
    So I want to be sure that what you are wanting is the US sees either:
    Desired behavior:
    and that anyone not in the US cannot checkout regardless of the amount in the cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I gave up. I've used Zen-Cart a couple times in the past and was never really happy with the ability to get shipping to work right, but I was mostly able to muddle through. I do actually sell internationally, but handling international is a bit of a tough pull using the cart. My latest site does sell some items which can add up in weight making international shipping a bit more problematic. It was was easier to just tell international customers their orders would be handled manually only.

One ACTUAL SHIPPING METHOD. I ship using only USPS Priority Mail in the US and to most other countries, but to some countries USPS will only insure Express... There are lots of little things regarding value of shipment, licensing, weight, etc. Something that was more work than it was worth to try and do with Zen Cart.

After my experience here in this forum I decided to try a couple other cart options. Most I tried had similar issues with shipping, but I was able muddle thru some solutions and get the shipping to work with one. I was even able to implement a "shipping will be invoiced separately" solution that works for customers in countries I have shipped to before and know will have minimal issues. This allows those customers to go thru a regular checkout.

While not the solution I hoped for it works using a weight and gross cart total solution by country.

I had tried Zen-Cart for this solution because I had used it before, but it turns out it was easier to use another cart. I had a bit of a learning curve with the new cart, but I was able to implement everything without any personal help. Just what was hard documented on-line. I choose my other carts to try, by looking at the user ratings from Softaculous users. I picked a short list of carts that users rated higher than Zen-Cart and started trying them.
    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 21 Feb 2016 at 06:03 PM.