Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Future Japanese Language Pack Status, version 1.5.5 and beyond...

Currently I have an English/Japanese store (version 1.5.4) that works fine with Japanese Language Pack.

Yesterday I began playing around with version 1.5.5 on a new store for an English/Japanese based site. I have not installed any Japanese files yet.

I have not seen any activity surrounding the Japanese Language Pack for a few years so I'm wondering if the current language pack will work in 1.5.5 and upcoming version 1.6 (and beyond!).

Would appreciate an overview of the situation as I need to know if I should stick with Zen or not.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Future Japanese Language Pack Status, version 1.5.5 and beyond...

Would appreciate an overview of the situation as I need to know if I should stick with Zen or not.
    As you must also speak & write in Japanese - you can edit the english.php replacing English words with Japanese then renaming it to japanese.php and along with other language files.
    You could then offer it as a language pack for ZenCart v1.5.5
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for both posts mc12345678. This is going to be quite a job... I've an earlier Japanese version of the includes/languages/japanese that I'm manually comparing to the 1.5.5 English version... I'm beginning to understand the process.

I'd also like to have a Japanese Admin but in version 1.5.5 I don't see any admin folder to add language files to. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Freak View Post
    Thank you for both posts mc12345678. This is going to be quite a job... I've an earlier Japanese version of the includes/languages/japanese that I'm manually comparing to the 1.5.5 English version... I'm beginning to understand the process.

I'd also like to have a Japanese Admin but in version 1.5.5 I don't see any admin folder to add language files to. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
    In which version ZC 1.5.5 are you not seeing the languages folder for admin? The english version has one as can be seen here in the folder listing. I had thumbed through the japanese version at one point but didn't look for such differences.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Fyi, I just an internet search on 'beyond compare regex' and one of the results included how to use regex to define "unimportant" text as minor... Such a "setup" could simplify the compare if you are using that program as a comparison tool. Other tools may offer the same capability.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678. I re-downloaded the most recent beta and it was included. It might have been in the earlier version I downloaded but perhaps I forgot to upload it to the server...

Plugin Contributions

Actually my Japanese ability is limited but I'll look into it... If the 1.5.5 version is not too different I should be able to handle it.

Plugin Contributions

I think there is also a Japanese fork on github of the Zen Cart repository. Not sure is it is actively maintained or up to date.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

I only have Japanese version 1.5.1, where did you find 1.5.4?

The annoying part I find about ZenCart JP version is the admin configuration menus are fixed in Japanese, they should be multilingual but are not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast