Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Future Japanese Language Pack Status, version 1.5.5 and beyond...

Further, as I just thought about the actual process, because every define that exists will be different most likely in each case, a process may need to be considered, to ease the comparison... Right? Remember each define line has a constant, followed by the information for that language. And each language is "different". There might be cases where the english and japanese are the same because of cultural acceptance, but one should assume first that they are not.

So, two ways I see to do this and it depends on the capability of the comparison software. Either the comparison is done with something like a regex expression that ignores the second half of the below:
    Code:
    define(.*,.*);
    this regex is not written to accomodate that aspect, and would require investigation.
    Or 2, a backup copy of each file is made, the file is modified to remove the second part of the expression and the comparison made to identify the missing field(s) as identified in the previous post. This would/could be more like this with a search filter of:

Code:
    define((.*), .*);
    Replace with:
    Code:
    define($1
    Then in case there are comments that follow a define, as part of the comparison, ignore the non-functional/minor differences between files...

Then when a difference is found, the original file is reviewed to evaluate why the difference and what the "statement's" intent is to support translation.

A bit tedious, but a first attempt at a process.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for both posts mc12345678. This is going to be quite a job... I've an earlier Japanese version of the includes/languages/japanese that I'm manually comparing to the 1.5.5 English version... I'm beginning to understand the process.

I'd also like to have a Japanese Admin but in version 1.5.5 I don't see any admin folder to add language files to. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Freak View Post
    Thank you for both posts mc12345678. This is going to be quite a job... I've an earlier Japanese version of the includes/languages/japanese that I'm manually comparing to the 1.5.5 English version... I'm beginning to understand the process.

I'd also like to have a Japanese Admin but in version 1.5.5 I don't see any admin folder to add language files to. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
    In which version ZC 1.5.5 are you not seeing the languages folder for admin? The english version has one as can be seen here in the folder listing. I had thumbed through the japanese version at one point but didn't look for such differences.

Plugin Contributions

Fyi, I just an internet search on 'beyond compare regex' and one of the results included how to use regex to define "unimportant" text as minor... Such a "setup" could simplify the compare if you are using that program as a comparison tool. Other tools may offer the same capability.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678. I re-downloaded the most recent beta and it was included. It might have been in the earlier version I downloaded but perhaps I forgot to upload it to the server...

Plugin Contributions

I'm working on updating japanese.php (in includes/languages) and have been comparing the new English 1.5.5 version with an older Japanese version that I'm updating.

The older version had a few lines of code that I believe I can delete, but I'd like to check before I do so. There are five lines of code in red with the words "no longer needed?" beside them.

Can I remove them without causing problems? The English version (1.5.5) does not have that code so I guess it's not needed.

Thanks!

Japanese Version 1.3.8 adjusted to 1.5.5:

<?php
    /**
    * @package languageDefines
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2014 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version GIT: $Id: Author: ajeh Modified in v1.5.4 $
    */

// FOLLOWING WERE moved to meta_tags.php
    //define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');
    //define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');
    //define('CUSTOM_KEYWORDS', 'ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping');
    // END: moved to meta_tags.php

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright &copy; ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>');

// look in your $PATH_LOCALE/locale directory for available locales..
    $locales = array('ja_JP', 'ja_JP.UTF-8', 'jp', 'Japanese_Japan.1041');
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, $locales);
    define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%Y/%m/%d'); // this is used for strftime()
    define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%Y年%m月%d日(%a)'); // this is used for strftime()
    define('DATE_FORMAT', 'Y/m/d'); // this is used for date()
    define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

// if mbstring is not load, use mb-emulator (no longer needed?)

// EMAIL config
    define('EMAIL_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); (no longer needed?)
    define('EMAIL_ENCODING', '7bit'); (no longer needed?)
    define('EMAIL_MIMEHEADER', 'B'); (no longer needed?)
    define('EMAIL_IS_MULTIBYTE', TRUE); (no longer needed?)

////
    // Return date in raw format mm/dd/yyyy
    // $date should be in format yyyy/mm/dd -- Change for Japanese date format
    // raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
    if (!function_exists('zen_date_raw')) {
    function zen_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
    if ($reverse) {
    return substr($date, 8, 2) . substr($date, 5, 2) . substr($date, 0, 4);
    } else {
    return substr($date, 0, 4) . substr($date, 5, 2) . substr($date, 8, 2);
    }
    }
    }

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
    define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'JPY');

// Global entries for the <html> tag
    define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="ltr" lang="ja"');

// charset for web pages and emails
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

// footer text in includes/footer.php
    define('FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE', 'requests since');

1.5.5 E Version:

<?php
    /**
    * @package languageDefines
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2014 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version GIT: $Id: Author: ajeh Modified in v1.5.4 $
    */

// FOLLOWING WERE moved to meta_tags.php
    //define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');
    //define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');
    //define('CUSTOM_KEYWORDS', 'ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping');
    // END: moved to meta_tags.php

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright &copy; ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>');

// look in your $PATH_LOCALE/locale directory for available locales..
    $locales = array('en_US', 'en_US.utf8', 'en', 'English_United States.1252');
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, $locales);
    define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y'); // this is used for strftime()
    define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
    define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date()
    define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

////
    // Return date in raw format
    // $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
    // raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
    if (!function_exists('zen_date_raw')) {
    function zen_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
    if ($reverse) {
    return substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
    } else {
    return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2);
    }
    }
    }

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
    define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

// Global entries for the <html> tag
    define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="ltr" lang="en"');

// charset for web pages and emails
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

// footer text in includes/footer.php
    define('FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE', 'requests since');

Plugin Contributions

Best "test" is to comment out those lines (adding // at the beginning of each line) that way, at least if it doesn't work, then the solution is to uncomment rather than re-develop.

An alternative action could be to start a github repo, that way you can pose and track questions like that and others can add/chime in.

This is also case where you may want to have the Japanese version "running" to use the dtk to discover if that code is needed, to try it out, etc...

Plugin Contributions

https://github.com/zencart-ja/zc-v1-...s/japanese.php
    Japanese language file is here.(for v1.5.5)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    https://github.com/zencart-ja/zc-v1-...s/japanese.php
    Japanese language file is here.(for v1.5.5)
    Yeah, that generally makes sense, if the software is the same other than the "language pack" then the base languages file and all subdirectory language files would be a good "comparison" to ensure that the text displayed in the english ZC shows the proper japanese when selected. The above referenced file is just the base language file and generally would not be expected to contain all of the defines for modules, pages, etc... Those would be (expected to be) in the applicable subdirectory(ies).

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Yama for the file. It was useful and I made corrections to my version. Are you working on updating the Japanese version to 1.5.5, too?

mc12345678, regarding the dtk (Developers Tool Kit), I wonder if you could give me an example on how to use it for checking things.

My process has been to manually compare the Japanese version I have to the latest version. when I find differences, I adjust the old version to match the new.

Today I "completed" the language files in admin and includes and uploaded them to the server. The store "appears" to be fine (I've not done any serious testing yet), but in admin I see a yellow "MISSING LANGUAGE FILES OR DIRECTORIES ... Japanese Japanese" warning and the "Define Language" selector only has English listed, I can't switch the admin to Japanese.

Would appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction...

Thanks!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast