Plugin Contributions

Default Can't access without manually typing index.php in my URL

I have been trying to install a fresh copy of 1.5.4 to my server/ host to start working on an upgrade. I am currently running 1.5.0 on my live site and I also have another 1.5.0 installation in another folder on the same server as a test site. Both the live site and the 1.5.0 test site work fine. I have tried several times to install 1.5.4 into a new folder. I uploaded all of the files to my new test folder, followed all the directions, set the permissions, renamed configure files, etc. To start the installation, when I type in the url to the new folder, I just get a 404 error. Only if I type in the full url with: storefolder/zc_install/index.php does it open the installer. I then go through the installation process with no problems, all green checks. After installation is complete, I deleted the zc_install folder and changed the admin name. Everything seems to work except for the fact that in order to access either the store or the admin in the browser, I have to include index.php at the end of the url. Otherwise I just get "page not found". I have searched the forum and cannot find an answer. I even upgraded my php on the server to 5.6.14 even though it was already 5.4.45.

There are no error logs, just the install log. I can post it if it would be helpful. My host Hostgator is running Apache 2.2.31. MySQL 5.5.42.37.1 and php is now 5.6.14

So the store and the admin are there, I just can't access them from the browser with the normal ...mysite.com/storefolder without adding index.php
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access without manually typing index.php in my URL

Quote Originally Posted by mendo1 View Post
    So the store and the admin are there, I just can't access them from the browser with the normal ...mysite.com/storefolder without adding index.php
    This is not a Zen Cart issue.

That typically happens when your web account configuration (ie: Apache) is missing its proper PHP configuration, particularly that the DirectoryIndex directive is missing index.php from its list of default documents.
    It could also be that you've got bad rules in .htaccess for URL Rewriting and it's breaking the normal operation of things.

Try:
    1. If you've added a .htaccess file to the root of your site, rename or delete it, and see if the problem resolves itself.
    2. Talk to your hosting company to get them to fix the Apache configuration.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access without manually typing index.php in my URL

Thank you so much for the quick reply. You were right about the .htaccess file. I had a bunch of them on the server from CEON uri mapping. Deleted them for now and all is working! Thanks again.