Plugin Contributions

help question Cpanel login link help please

Hi everyone i have installed zencart on my website through my host page but i cant get my cpanel login area link all i have to work with is my admin area so i cant upload my logo change my template or anything. I have asked my host for the cpanel link and they keep telling me that i have it and keep giving me my admin link. can anyone help me please my website is www.magicfairygifts.com i have tried www.magicfairygifts.com/cpanel and it doesnt work please please someone help me....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cpanel login link help please

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cpanel login link'. If you want to access the CPanel file manager, you would log in to your hosting account using the login credentials supplied by your host. That would have nothing to do with Zencart. Most Zenners, however, use an FTP program to upload and download files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by knitcrazy View Post
    Hi everyone i have installed zencart on my website through my host page but i cant get my cpanel login area link all
    This is a bit of a mystery, because I would have assumed that you would have needed to be logged into your cPanel in order to "installed zencart on my website through my host page".

Host Page == cPanel -- true or false?

i have to work with is my admin area so i cant upload my logo change my template or anything.
    admin area == Zencart admin -- true or false?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid, but you wouldn't be the 1st person to have everyone running around in circles because they've confused the hosts admin area and ZenCarts control panel (as I have intentionally just done with this little bit of rewording).

I have asked my host for the cpanel link and they keep telling me that i have
    You almost certainly od (or did). How else would you have installed Zencart 'through the host page'?

it and keep giving me my admin link. can anyone help me please my website is www.magicfairygifts.com i have tried www.magicfairygifts.com/cpanel and it doesnt work please please someone help me....

Consider this as a possibility.

The link that your host gave you for the cpanel (prior to you zencart install) was
    www.magicfairygifts.com/cpanel

You then logged in using that link an installed the Zencart via the 'one click install'.
    At some stage in the process you would have been asked/forced to rename the admin folder, and you entered the name 'cpanel'.

So, what happens now, is when you go to
    www.magicfairygifts.com/cpanel you are now finding yourself in the Zencart admin, rather than the cPanel.

Does this sound like the scenario that you have?

If so, you can *probably* still access the hosts cpanel using
    http://cpanel.magicfairygifts.com/

If this isn't the scenario I can't think of any other explanation that matches what you have told us.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

No i have the admin area i know exactly what this is i did use one click install but last time i installed zen cart i had an admin area and a cpanel area the cpanel area had my emails and all my files that i could code to change page looks etc this time i dont so i do know how else to change colours and so much more cause i cant do it through the admin area

Plugin Contributions

No i have the admin area i know exactly what this is
    <SIGH>
    I wasn't suggesting or implying that you don't one from the other. I was TRYING to get through to you that what is obviously clear and obvious to you isn't necessarily clear and obvious to us. Basically, you need to treat *US* as complete and total idiots.

Sheesh. (please don't take this personally), but I really need to ask, is there a reason why you chose to make a statement rather than answer a couple of simple true or false questions?
    I know it must be the way I ask (or something), because seriously, no matter who it is, or what I ask, I always seem to invoke a completely unexpected response with the questions unanswered.

I *know* that I can help resolve your problem, or at the very least, explain the cause and/or reasons, BUT, I can't do this unless I have the answers to the questions that I asked.
    I've already given you one *possible* scenario that could possibly explain your situation, but you have chosen to neither confirm or refute this possibility.

How do you expect us to help you if you don't answer the questions that we need to ask in order to get to the bottom of the problem?
    We don't know what you know, we can't see what you are seeing.

As I stated, my questions may appear stupid, but I didn't ask them to show how stupid I am, I asked them so as to be sure that we are both on the same page and talking /thinking about the same things.

Not one of us here are any closer to helping you now than we were before I asked. :-(

Plugin Contributions

so sorry i didnt realise i never meant to make a statement or offend you i am really grateful you are trying to help me this is the info i got when i installed zen cart to my web host using one click
    new installation of Zen Cart 1.5.4 has been completed. The details of the installation are shown below:
    Path : /mnt/web/fs1/b/8/f/magicfairygifts.com/magicfairygifts.com/web
    URL : http://magicfairygifts.com
    Admin URL : http://magicfairygifts.com/zcadmin

Admin Email: [email protected]
    MySQL Database : magicfa
    MySQL DB User : magicfa
    MySQL DB Host : mysql11.mylogin.ie
    MySQL DB Password : 39@9h5a!SP
    Update Notification : Enabled
    Auto Upgrade : Disabled
    Automated Backups : Disabled
    Time of Installation : February 13, 2016, 11:50 pm

i dont know where my filemanager or cpanel area is

Plugin Contributions

i have a cpanel area for the webhost but i cant find anything in it that would link me to what i am looking for

Plugin Contributions

Let's play the 'true or false' game again shall we? :-)

i have a cpanel area for the webhost
    Is the statement above true or false?

but i cant get my cpanel login area link all
    Is the statement above true or false?

but i cant find anything in it
    This *implies* that the the 1st comment it true, and the second one is false. The second comment is/was from your 1st post, so I assume that from the 3rd quote, you've already solved the problem that you were originally asking about?
    True or false?

that would link me to what i am looking for
    I for one no longer have a clue what it is you ARE looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Your host does not appear to be using cPanel as all the usual cPanel URLs are not working:
    http://www.magicfairygifts.com:2083/
    http://www.magicfairygifts.com:2082/

I recommend to ask your host how to access file manager - they may have their own custom control panel which has a file manager where you can upload and edit files.

Failing that, you may need to install an FTP programme on your machine and manage your site via FTP.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by terraGirl View Post
    Your host does not appear to be using cPanel as all the usual cPanel URLs are not working:
    http://www.magicfairygifts.com:2083/
    http://www.magicfairygifts.com:2082/

I recommend to ask your host how to access file manager - they may have their own custom control panel which has a file manager where you can upload and edit files.

Failing that, you may need to install an FTP programme on your machine and manage your site via FTP.
    ok thats what i wanted to know so i need to ask them for file manager and see what they say. Thank you very much both of you for your help.

Rodg at least we know now that i was looking for the file manager area lol