Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Images not showing

Im having a problem with multiple images not showing up, as well as, the large popup not working. I apparently have modded something that has caused the image script not to work. I have checked the 2 places for displaying:

admin>config>images>product info number of additonal images =3
    admin>catalog>product type>edit layout>show product addtional images= 1

I dont think the scripts are loading and I dont see any errors- as if it is looking for files

Can someone tell me what files to look at to find out why these images arent displaying.

Thanks
    Moze

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Images not showing

Further investigating-
    There is only one call in my_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Line #64 : require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php'); ?>

Which is the file that assigns the additional images, I think. All other calls to this file are in default template

It just seems that the function is not working.

Plugin Contributions

May have been edited out of your template file, but there should also be a section like this:

Code:
    <!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <?php
    /**
     * display the products additional images
     */
      require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_additional_images.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_additional_images.php'); ?>
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->
    to display your additional images.

Take a look/compare between your template version of the file as compared to the template_default version of it to see what is different and be sure to understand why it is...

As to problems with your larger image, that template file referenced does additional "work" to give the desired result(s), so kind of have to dig deeper into the code in a way doing comparison of the template file override version to the template_default version and there are possibly files in the applicable includes/modules/pages/THIS_PAGE/ folder that need to be "evaluated" for example is there a file in that directory that has been "renamed" but follows the same basic file format and ends with .php?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

This definitely where it failing. In my_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

<?php

/**
    * display the main product image
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php');

echo $template;

?>
    When I try to echo the variable $template, the page fails to load.

Im checking your suggestions now, MC. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by moZe View Post
    This definitely where it failing. In my_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

<?php

/**
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php');

echo $template;

?>
    When I try to echo the variable $template, the page fails to load.

Im checking your suggestions now, MC. Thanks.

Correct, echoing $template which is a class will cause an error (and a log to be generated).

The entire section for that part in the default code looks like:

Code:
    <!--bof Main Product Image -->
    <?php
      if (zen_not_null($products_image)) {
      ?>
    <?php
    /**
     */
       require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php'); ?>
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof Main Product Image-->
    So what this does is go look to see if the file tpl_modules_main_product_image.php is located in your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates override directory. If it is not found then it will use the template_default version of the same file. So, if you have tpl_modules_main_product_image.php in your templates override directory, then it will pull it. The default version of this file is:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Module Template
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: tpl_modules_main_product_image.php 18698 2011-05-04 14:50:06Z wilt $
     */
    ?>
    <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE)); ?>
    <div id="productMainImage" class="centeredContent back">
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--
    document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . zen_image(addslashes($products_image_medium), addslashes($products_name), MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</span></a>'; ?>');
    //--></script>
    <noscript>
    <?php
      echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . zen_image($products_image_medium, $products_name, MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br /><span class="imgLink">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</span></a>';
    ?>
    </noscript>
    </div>
    As you can/may see in the first actual execution line, a file is "required" to be included and that is a file found in the directory DIR_WS_MODULES (Defined in includes/configure.php) that is then to use the override system again but have the name: FILENAME_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE (I forget where that filename is defined, but it is part of the ZC code), anyways, that file is "included" and is required to be present otherwise the code will error at this point. Then there are the things that the module file will pull in to get the data needed to support the above code, and that, and that, etc.... Eventually if all of the files were stacked up one could see a straight run of code, but they are broken up because they serve unique purposes. Anyways... To validate that it is/is not a problem with your template, if you temporarily switch to the default ZC template, do things work like expected. If so, then the resolution should be focused primarily on your template overrides. If not, then it could be a slight mix, but at least it's a test that helps evaluate the condition(s).

Plugin Contributions

Right, lot of things to verify and trace out....
    But the require function should fill the variable $template with a path, correct?

So if $template is defined shouldnt I be able to echo it to the screen?

Plugin Contributions

OK, $template is not a string. what does it return, that I may echo to screen, to see what value it is holding?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by moZe View Post
    Right, lot of things to verify and trace out....
    But the require function should fill the variable $template with a path, correct?

So if $template is defined shouldnt I be able to echo it to the screen?
    Not necessarily. Take a look at includes/classes/template_funcs.php to see what the function (called above to return the path that is to be fed into that require. There should be no question about the ability of that function to work. It is used almost everywhere in the template files. Either the file exists in the template override directory or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then if good ZC maintenance has been maintained it will exist in the template_default directory, unless the template itself has added a new file that was never added to the file system.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, it returns a 1, so it is a binary for success?

Plugin Contributions

It does exist in both mytemplate and in template_default, but I dont know why the additional image boxes arent showing, even if they were to be blank.
    When I switch to default template, the popup works but additional images dont show up. It has got to be something ive modded somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast