Plugin Contributions

Default Blank admin login page - PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_ip_addr

I am upgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.5.4 (attempting to do it by the official Zen Cart method). After running zc_install when I attempted to log in to the admin area I got a blank screen. No error messages, nothing.

Checking the mydebug log I found
    Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function zen_get_ip_address() in /xxxxxxxxxxxxx[admin]/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 34
    Lines 30-37 of admin /includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php read as follows:
    PHP Code:

/**
     * tidy up $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] before we use it anywhere else
     */
    $ipAddressArray explode(','zen_get_ip_address());
    $ipAddress = (sizeof($ipAddressArray) > 0) ? $ipAddressArray[0] : '';
    $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $ipAddress
    It is $ipAddressArray = explode(',', zen_get_ip_address()); which appears at line 34. When I comment out that line I am able to access my admin area and doing that has not led to any apparent problems, but since I do not understand the intent of that line and have not tried to go live I worry about unforeseen consequences. Can anyone tell me what problems may arise from commenting out that line and what I should do to fix it?

If relevant, PHP shows as version 5.4.45 and MySQL as version 5.5.45.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank admin login page - PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_ip_

Apparently you haven't upgraded your /admin/includes/functions/general.php ... which is where that function is defined.

Or, you've replaced the new one with an old one when installing a plugin for an older version, instead of merging the changes into it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank admin login page - PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_ip_

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ... replaced the new one with an old one when installing a plugin for an older version, instead of merging the changes into it.
    Exactly right, Stock by Attributes caused my problem, and I now realized that the latest version of that is reported to be incompatible with ZC 1.5.4. I think I am under control now, and appreciate the information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batta View Post
    Exactly right, Stock by Attributes caused my problem, and I now realized that the latest version of that is reported to be incompatible with ZC 1.5.4. I think I am under control now, and appreciate the information.
    Latest version of SBA is available from https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined and *is* compatible with ZC 1.5.4.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Apparently you haven't upgraded your /admin/includes/functions/general.php ... which is where that function is defined.

Or, you've replaced the new one with an old one when installing a plugin for an older version, instead of merging the changes into it.
    I have Same Issues please help me when i upgrade zencart 1.5.5x to 5e

I AM HERE product_info
    sidebox:

Explain
    select products_type from zen_products where products_id = '839';

I AM HERE product_info
    sidebox:

Explain
    select type_handler from zen_product_types where type_id = '1';

I AM HERE product_info
    sidebox:

Explain