Plugin Contributions

Default Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.

I've searched through the forum and have not found about how to address this issue.

Some of my products are having a problem when a customer tries to add them to the shopping cart. I have recreated the problem and have noticed this:

Customer who is not logs in clicks a link that leads to the product description page.
    For example: http://beadinspirations.com/basic-ne...ss-p-4615.html

Scrolling down to the bottom, they click "add to cart."

Page appears that says: Whoops! Your session has expired. If you were placing an order, please login and your shopping cart will be restored. You may then go back to the checkout and complete your final purchases. If you had completed an order and wish to review it, please go to your My Account page to view your order.
    (http://www.beadinspirations.com/inde..._page=time_out)

We dutifully log in, and try again. (Side note: it would be nice if after we logged in it went back to the page we were on previously, but this is minor compared to not being able to purchase the item.) This time we get a page that says this:
    Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu.
    (Ironically, same url: http://www.beadinspirations.com/inde..._page=time_out)

An interesting twist is that instead of clicking "add to cart" from the product description page, I clicked on "listing" at the top of the page. Then entered 1 in the quantity field and clicked "add selected products to cart." In this way, a customer can actually purchase the item. Unfortunately, most of them don't figure that out, and instead call us and tell us they can't sign up for the class (which is the product they are trying to purchase on the website).

It has been over a year since 1.5.4 was upgraded. Previously we had heard about this problem with one class. I created a new item for it and replaced the old one. Today I heard from a customer that this problem happened with a different class. I tested to discover that this problem exists on about half of my classes, and who knows how many other products. Don't know how long this has been the case. But this is too big of a problem to take that approach with so many not working.

PHP Version: 5.4.43 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.5.42-37.1-log
    Server Host: host265.hostmonster.com (74.220.215.65)

I haven't made any changes to the website since upgrading over a year ago .

I don't know how to find the debug logs.

I'm clever, but I'm not a programmer. I know my zencart pretty well, but I'm not an expert. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Vicki

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.

Quote Originally Posted by vickilapp View Post
    I don't know how to find the debug logs.
    They should be in your /logs folder.
    There's a similar thread on this , and reading it, actually this product doesn't have the www like the others.
    Maybe you can find a solution in there

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-You-are-still
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.

Echoing @mesnitu's response, it looks like the issue is when the customer navigates to your site without the www. prefix. Your store's configure.php file appears to use www.yourstore.com as the server and you don't have an .htaccess file to re-direct a www-less (e.g. yourstore.com) access to its www-with form.

Plugin Contributions

Try adding the following to your htaccess file at the top
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.beadinspirations.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.beadinspirations.com/$1 [R=301]
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, guys! I found the .htaccess file. Saved the existing version as a backup, and replaced this code:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

with

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.beadinspirations.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.beadinspirations.com/$1 [R=301]

Saved it and uploaded it. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Plugin Contributions

It seems to have fixed the problem.
    Thank you for posting back what appears to have solved your issue
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten