Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default upgrade from v1.39 admin painfully slow

I wonder if anyone can guide me
    Admin is slow and I have set Show if version update available = false
    Error log states
    [07-Jul-2015 04:39:11 Europe/London] PHP Warning: file_get_contents( zen-cart.com version check ) failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/demo1/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38
    [07-Jul-2015 04:39:11 Europe/London] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/demo1/public_html/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42

cant track what is causing the issue

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrade from v1.39 admin painfully slow

That is an update check for zen_lightbox which is not ruled by the Show if Version update available selection. (That is for ZC specifically not other plugins.)

How many remnant files are in your cache directory? What about the number of attributes on a page? Have you evaluated what part of the site is behaving slowly to identify where to start working?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That is an update check for zen_lightbox which is not ruled by the Show if Version update available selection. (That is for ZC specifically not other plugins.)

How many remnant files are in your cache directory? What about the number of attributes on a page? Have you evaluated what part of the site is behaving slowly to identify where to start working?
    cache directory has only 5 files no remnants, or do you mean bmz_cache loads of images there??
    Only Admin is mega slow from logging in to clicking any admin option has a good 60 seconds to load ..store front is fine

I have products with attribute stock AKA SBA installed 1.5.3 and 174 attributes

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for going down the path that I did, my guess is that the issue revolves around the warning message. Effectively the software is waiting on a response which is about the time lapse you are describing.

Considering that you have upgraded to ZC 1.5.4, may I suggest uninstalling Zen Lightbox and installing Zen Colorbox. Both have been recently supported, but the underlyiing code for Zen Lightbox is no longer supported/upgraded. This should alleviate the reported issue. Could verify upon uninstall of Zen Lightbox.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Thanks will try that..
    one thing I notice hosting company mentioned tracert to zen-cart.com being blocked

Can the admins please check IP 173.248.187.212 is allowed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shaz View Post
    Thanks will try that..
    one thing I notice hosting company mentioned tracert to zen-cart.com being blocked

Can the admins please check IP 173.248.187.212 is allowed
    Yes, a large number of IPs in that range were blocked due to servers with that hosting company having been hijacked and being used to spam our forum. The block is temporarily lifted for now, but will automatically block again if spam resumes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes, a large number of IPs in that range were blocked due to servers with that hosting company having been hijacked and being used to spam our forum. The block is temporarily lifted for now, but will automatically block again if spam resumes.
    Thank you so much its working like a charm now

Thank you so much its working like a charm now
    DrByte any reason why its trying to access zen-cart.com after I have switched off in admin show if version update = False and in the file skip_version_check.php?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

DrByte any reason why its trying to access zen-cart.com after I have switched off in admin show if version update = False and in the file skip_version_check.php?
    It will still check that on the "Version" and "Server Info" page, and also if you click the "Check for new version" button.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast