Idea or Suggestion Searching order comments

Hello, I somehow managed to do something but it is not enough. I am puting the tracking number for the order on the comments, and I want to be able to search the orders for that tracking number.

What I managet to do so far:

I have made change on this lines in /admin/orders.php
    PHP Code:
    // create search filter

$search '';
      if (isset(
    $_GET['search']) && zen_not_null($_GET['search'])) {

$search_distinct ' ';

$keywords zen_db_input(zen_db_prepare_input($_GET['search']));

$search " and (o.customers_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.date_purchased like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_street_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_street_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_email_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_street_address  like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_telephone like '%" $keywords "%' or o.ip_address  like '%" $keywords "%')";

$new_table ""
    I have changed it to:

PHP Code:
    // create search filter

$search '';
      if (isset(
    $_GET['search']) && zen_not_null($_GET['search'])) {

$search_distinct ' ';

$keywords zen_db_input(zen_db_prepare_input($_GET['search']));

$search " and (o.customers_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.date_purchased like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_street_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.delivery_street_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_city like '%" $keywords "%' or o.billing_postcode like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_email_address like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_name like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_company like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_street_address  like '%" $keywords "%' or o.customers_telephone like '%" $keywords "%' or o.ip_address  like '%" $keywords "%' or osh.comments like '" $keywords "%')";

$new_table "left join ".TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY." osh on (osh.orders_id = o.orders_id)"
    As well i added osh.comments to all $orders_query_raw = "select osh.comments that has something to do with the TABLE_ORDERS

And now it is possible to perform searh in the order coments but that search has to be exact.

For example if I search for order that have coment xxxxxxxxx122 and I tipe in the serch field xxxxxxxxx12 or anything that differs from xxxxxxxxx122 the search result is empty, how can I make it possible to search for part of the tracking, because I am too lazy to type every time the full number sequence, and i think it is not needed.

Thanks for the help :)
    My most recent work: magprom.net

Default Re: Searching order comments

Update, after few tests i found that order statut list is affected and not displayed and i have this error

Europe/Sofia] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'osh.comments' in 'field list' :: select o.orders_id, o.customers_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.shipping_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total,osh.comments, o.customers_company, o.customers_email_address, o.customers_street_address, o.delivery_company, o.delivery_name, o.delivery_street_address, o.billing_company, o.billing_name, o.billing_street_address, o.payment_module_code, o.shipping_module_code, o.ip_address, osh.comments
    from (orders_status s, orders o )
    left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and ot.class = 'ot_total')
    where (o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '2') order by o.orders_id DESC ==> (as called by) public_html/admin/orders.php on line 932 <== in public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Now I lant to fix this and to have what i made till now.
    Any help is wellcomed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your first post you said you added this:
    Code:
    or osh.comments like '" . $keywords . "%'
    You'll need to make one small change if you want the comment-search to be searchable with ??????12. The extra % puts the wildcard in front of your criteria:

Code:
    or osh.comments like '%" . $keywords . "%'

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thank you, I will check this and share the results.

P.P.

I tested it and it is working pretty well, thank you so much dr. Byte
    Last edited by perfumbg; 7 Mar 2016 at 09:25 PM.

If anybody needs this you can alter the product model search fields in orders.php, I had to find this line:

PHP Code:
        $new_table " left join " TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS " op on (op.orders_id = o.orders_id)";

$keywords zen_db_input(zen_db_prepare_input($_GET['search_orders_products']));

$search " and (op.products_model like '%" $keywords "%' or op.products_name like '" $keywords "%')"
    and I replaced it with this:

PHP Code:
        $new_table " left join " TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS " op on (op.orders_id = o.orders_id)
        left join "
    .TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY." osh on (osh.orders_id = o.orders_id)";

$keywords zen_db_input(zen_db_prepare_input($_GET['search_orders_products']));

$search " and (op.products_model like '%" $keywords "%' or op.products_name like '" $keywords "%' or osh.comments like '%" $keywords "%')"
    Now I can search in orders comments from the "Search by Product Name or ID:XX or Model" field in orders
    With the kind help of drByte.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Searching order comments AND shipping

I am looking to do the same thing but would also like the ability to search (filter) pick-up locations (I am using the storepickup module.) I am using Zen Cart v.1.5.4 - eatdavidspasture.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Remington Kesten
    Last edited by farmerrem; 27 May 2016 at 09:48 PM.