Plugin Contributions

Default Sending delayed e-mails?

Hi,

Zen cart order confirmations can take hours to show up in my Gmail account, and sometimes my customers won't receive their order confirmations at all. Has anyone else experienced this? This started happening last week.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen cart sending delayed e-mails?

troubleshooting email problems can be a complex affair. if some emails get there and others do not, i would think the problem is not with zen-cart.

if the receiving takes hours, have you looked at the email headers? how long is the difference between the sending time and receiving time stamp?

there are a couple of configuration settings with regards to email on ZC. for order confirmations, ZC sends emails at the time the order is placed. if the period between a customer clicking the place order button and the thank you for your order page (checkout_success) is quick, then i would say there is no problem with ZC sending email confirmations and the problem is elsewhere.

i think you need to provide some more information to really start troubleshooting. the first place might be the email headers from a successful email confirmation. also what version of ZC are you running, and what email transport method are you using (available on the admin -> configuration -> email menu... or something like that...)
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Also what follows the @ as part of your sending email, ie. Is it yahoo, gmail, your own host?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Zen cart order confirmations can take hours to show up in my Gmail account
    If ZenCart is creating the emails then that is the extent that it is responsible for
    From there it is up to your hosting accounts mail transport agent(MTA) to deliver them

You can set in your admin > config > E-Mail Options > Email Archiving Active? > set to true

Then get and install this plugin to view the results in your admin
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=101
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    if some emails get there and others do not, i would think the problem is not with zen-cart.

if the receiving takes hours, have you looked at the email headers? how long is the difference between the sending time and receiving time stamp?

there are a couple of configuration settings with regards to email on ZC. for order confirmations, ZC sends emails at the time the order is placed. if the period between a customer clicking the place order button and the thank you for your order page (checkout_success) is quick, then i would say there is no problem with ZC sending email confirmations and the problem is elsewhere.

i think you need to provide some more information to really start troubleshooting. the first place might be the email headers from a successful email confirmation. also what version of ZC are you running, and what email transport method are you using (available on the admin -> configuration -> email menu... or something like that...)
    Fully agreed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

if you handle the mail delivery yourself you should take a look in /var/log/maillog and check there what errors are being produced