Plugin Contributions

Default Putting all files from catalog folder straight into public_html folder!

I'm having a problem (and customers) accessing my site using *********.co.uk and not a full URL https://www.********.co.uk/catalog/index.php (which works fine). I have moved my site to its own hosting package and I am told by my hosting company, the only way that a short URL will work is to move all the contents of the catalog folder into the public_html folder. In the old package a web forwarding instruction and DNS setting adjustment was all that was needed to make my site work as it should. My question is, how would this work? I am worried that there will be loads of files that would need to be changed. Is this correct. I am not going to touch any file or folders until I'm absolutely sure of the consequence.
    Be glad of any input.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Putting all files from catalog folder straight into public_html folder!

If you have maintained your site as suggested (ie, not used hard coded links to the version stored in a sub-directory) then need only follow the following FAQ instruction: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Putting all files from catalog folder straight into public_html folder!

Thanks for the link https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory.

My actual catalog folder resides in the servers public_html. What my host provider is suggesting that I remove all the files out of 'catalog folder' and just drop them in public_html, so there will be NO catalog named folder. I think the link you gave me is for renaming 'catalog' is that correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Mars View Post
    Thanks for the link https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory.

My actual catalog folder resides in the servers public_html. What my host provider is suggesting that I remove all the files out of 'catalog folder' and just drop them in public_html, so there will be NO catalog named folder. I think the link you gave me is for renaming 'catalog' is that correct?
    Use the process you wish, but if unable through your site's cpanel to move the contents and subfolders from /catalog/ to /, then I would at least keep the files. In the catalog directory until verified that everything existed in the root directory before deleting the catalog directory.

The instructions provided are for relocating the store to whatever directory, whether renamed say from /catalog/ to /store/ or in this case from /catalog/ to /.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Bear in mind that the configure.php files also state the paths.
    20 years a Zencart User