Plugin Contributions

Default "Webpage Not Available" showing when setting up database

Hey guys,

I am trying to install Zencart V1.5.4. However, I am getting stuck while trying to setup the MYSQL database provided by my webhosting provider. I am using Net4india as my webhost provider.

I tried two different DB host input:

1) IP address of my DB host as mentioned by my webhost provider in the cpanel (viz. the same IP as my domain)
    2) the phpmyadmin.xxx.xxxxxx.com website provided to me to access the MySQL DB.

I also fed in my username, password and name as given in the cpanel.

However, in both the cases, on clicking the submit button - "Webpage not available (ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH)" is showing up.

The PHP, MySQL versions are the permissible by zencart.

Please give me some solutions on how to solve this problem. Could this problem be occurring because my webhost provider does not allow third party codes to access the database??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Webpage Not Available" showing when setting up database

I tried two different DB host input:

1) IP address of my DB host as mentioned by my webhost provider in the cpanel (viz. the same IP as my domain)
    2) the phpmyadmin.xxx.xxxxxx.com website provided to me to access the MySQL DB.
    If cpanel and standard it should be

localhost
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hey Kobra,

Just to mention a mistake, I am not using cpanel webhosting services (I thought it mean't something else ). I am using a webhost provider called Net4India.

Anyways, I even tried local host as an input. Even then the result is the same.

Plugin Contributions

I would contact your host then as they might be using another server for mysql databases and you would need to know what the server is
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

@kobra : The IP address (viz. the same as that of the website domain) of MYSQL is given with other details (name. username etc.) about the sql database. I already tried that to no success.

I just installed wordpress by entering 'localhost' as the DB host. Could this be a problem with zencart?

Plugin Contributions

Previously stated that used local host and then with WP used localhost. Please state facts such as the mysql server is version x, php is x, etc. Rather than indicating that the conditions match.... If able to access the database through some other application, then there is likely an issue with data entry more than with the code. Further for clarity at what point in the setup process is this issue identified/seen? Is this during the zc_install process? What was the source of the ZC files that are being used to do this install? Was it downloaded from following the path of accessing https://zen-cart.com or was it an auto-install from your host, etc...?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@mc12345678

1) I used 'localhost' in both the cases.
    2) php version: 5.6.8 (allowed versions 5.2.10 - 5.6.x)
    sql version: 5.6.27 (allowed versions MySQL 4.1.3 to 5.6.x.)
    Apache :2.4.12 (allowed versions 2.0 to 2.4)

3) I submitted the same details on WP as I did on ZC at the same time (copy-pasted it), So it is unlikely to be a data entry issue. (However, Just to note, when I gave the details on WP and clicked on the submit button to create a config.php, it couldn't automatically do that.Therefore, They gave a code and asked me to manually upload a config.php file (copy-paste the code) after which i installed WP.)

4)This is during the installation process (I am installing this for the first time). Just after i click the submit button on the 'Database setup' page, it loads for a few seconds and then gives me the 'Webpage not available' page.

5) This was installed from the following link: https://www.zen-cart.com/

Plugin Contributions

Since this is a store that is just being setup, might I suggest trying ZC 1.5.5? It's due to be officially released very soon. Reason I suggest it is that while the system requirements appear applicable, the dev team had delayed issue to address working with some of the newer servers which your system looks like might apply, especially since to get WP to work they had to provide additional code to communicate with your server.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....1-5-5-released
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...