Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading BETA v1.5.5 to v1.5.5

I can appreciate that you feel the advice is "pathetic", particularly when it's not a quick fix.

But in the absence of concrete evidence that the problem is actually something wrong with v155 the best course of action is to rule it out. It's a process of elimination.

Your symptoms are not something I've ever witnessed in the many years I've been using Zen Cart. So, while I may not have an instant exact answer, I assure you my methods of diagnosis are sound. But, if you don't want to follow my suggestions, that's up to you.

With my last post I was going to suggest that another course of action would be to take the same database and code to a completely different server, ideally configured by a different hosting company, to rule out the server. But I figured you'd tell me that was a stupid idea. In hindsight I guess I was probably right.

I'd really like to see your site running normally again. But you have to help us help you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the advice.

I have not performed a fresh install on this server for this domain this millennium other than the host transfer. There were several files not used in 155. I started deleting them. The site got better and still had some bugs.

All ht accèss files manually updated to 155.

Something in the DB was affecting the 155 site. Maybe it was upgrading the server php to 5.6.14. Whatever the bugs were, they have been eradicated.

I removed any and all files and directories associated with this domain and not affecting my other ZC sites. Combed the images directories for any stray files. Created a new DB. With the exception of the main images, I uploaded the fresh install 155 dated 3/18 and as always, chose to install the Demo Store.

As a minor detail, I always like to preload my favicon(s), logo images, taglines, meta tag text, etc. for the public side, during the initial upload.

Once you do several fresh installs, this process gets easier.

Payment and shipping modules restored. Minimum shipping, time zone fixed.

Add to cart, remove from cart, edit cart, Checkout, login, return from PP site, etc. It all works quickly now. Unnecessary to Reset All Box Sort Order to match DEFAULT Sort Order for Template.

Backed up the complete site plus DB.

I deleted all 1.3x backups from the desktop and any plugin zips. They are included in 155.

How do I only import product tables from the old DB?
    Last edited by Webskipper; 19 Mar 2016 at 10:44 PM.
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webskipper View Post
    It all works quickly now.
    That's good news :)

How do I only import product tables from the old DB?
    If you're comfortable with manually picking/choosing certain tables, here's a categorized list of tables based on the purpose for which they're used.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....rdered_by_Data
    For other readers of this discussion: Naturally for 99% of people we strongly recommend to always use a complete copy of the database in its entirety, instead of selectively picking individual tables ... because those 99% of people really don't understand the complexities of how these tables interact with each other.

Remember that if you're only bringing over product-related info, you'll be leaving your customer and order history behind ... so, be aware of that consequence on your customers and your accounting department.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Are you referring to including everything within:Table List Ordered by Data > Product Info?

Is this correct? Populate an sql for import beginning with a blank text file and copy/paste the Product tables such as:

--
    -- Table structure for table `product_types`
    --

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `product_types`;
    /*!40101 SET @saved_cs_client = @@character_set_client */;
    /*!40101 SET character_set_client = utf8 */;
    CREATE TABLE `product_types` (
    `type_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `type_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    `type_handler` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    `type_master_type` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
    `allow_add_to_cart` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y',
    `default_image` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    `date_added` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0001-01-01 00:00:00',
    `last_modified` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0001-01-01 00:00:00'
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
    /*!40101 SET character_set_client = @saved_cs_client */;

--
    -- Dumping data for table `product_types`
    --

LOCK TABLES `product_types` WRITE;
    /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `product_types` DISABLE KEYS */;
    INSERT INTO `product_types` (`type_id`, `type_name`, `type_handler`, `type_master_type`, `allow_add_to_cart`, `default_image`, `date_added`, `last_modified`) VALUES (1,'Product - General','product',1,'Y','','2008-03-21 22:47:37','2008-03-21 22:47:37'),(2,'Product - Music','product_music',1,'N','','2008-03-21 22:47:37','2008-12-30 19:18:44'),(3,'Document - General','document_general',3,'N','','2008-03-21 22:47:37','2008-03-21 22:47:37'),(4,'Document - Product','document_product',3,'Y','','2008-03-21 22:47:37','2008-03-21 22:47:37'),(5,'Product - Free Shipping','product_free_shipping',1,'N','','2008-03-21 22:47:38','2008-12-30 19:18:33');
    /*!40000 ALTER TABLE `product_types` ENABLE KEYS */;
    UNLOCK TABLES;

etc
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I think I understand what you meant.

Easier to export from the old db:

All Categories
    All Products
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Products, categories, and manufactures imported to new DB successfully. Thanks!
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I can add to and edit cart in Classic Template and not the 155 responsive template.

Any advice?
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

I can't replicate.

What do your error logs return?

I can add to and edit cart in Classic Template and not the 155 responsive template.

Any advice?
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    webskipper, can you put a fresh new unaltered v155 install (with demo data) into a subdirectory for us to compare against your live site?
    I have done that and am comparing the new db to the live db.

I am discovering many similar strings of the live DB missing the Auto_increment function

demo `currencies_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    Live `currencies_id` int(11) NOT NULL,

Is this the issue?
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I can't replicate.

What do your error logs return?
    Nuttin'
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast