Plugin Contributions

Default Change background color behind product listing and on product info page

zen version 1.58
    php 7.3
    Template: Bootstrap v3.5.0

I want to change the template to a dark mode setup. I have most of it accomplished but can't seem to find out how to change the product listing page color behind the products. I also can't change the background colors behind the attributes areas. The attached photo shows what i am trying to accomplished. FYI: The example photo that has "CHANGE TO.." is in a browser where I have dark mode enabled. It's really white in visitors browsers.

I have gone through all of the bootstrap colors settings these don't seem to have a setting that can be changed.

I have tried looking in inspector in the browser. I have found areas that have colors to change but I don't know what file they are in;

centerBoxContentsListing
    Atrributes-card
    .custom-select
    form-control-disabled

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change background color behind product listing and on product info page

You'll want to go to the last item in the Admin .. Tools menu.

Since you are wanting it all the same color, I would start with editing Body Background Color first AFTER you have downloaded a CSV of your current settings. That gives you a backup when Murphy stikes.

ALSO, make sure you have a good contrast between the body and the text. Contrast Ratio: Easily calculate color contrast ratios. Passing WCAG was never this easy!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change background color behind product listing and on product info page

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You'll want to go to the last item in the Admin .. Tools menu.

Since you are wanting it all the same color, I would start with editing Body Background Color first AFTER you have downloaded a CSV of your current settings. That gives you a backup when Murphy stikes.

ALSO, make sure you have a good contrast between the body and the text. Contrast Ratio: Easily calculate color contrast ratios. Passing WCAG was never this easy!
    Thank you for your response. I have already made the change in ZCA Bootstrap Colors to the Body Background Color" field. It didn't change the parts i describe in my initial post so I am trying to find where to change them. It doesn't appear that ZCA Bootstrap Colors is set to change those areas so I need to know where they are. I mentioned in my initial post the areas I was able to identify but they are not in the stylesheets

Plugin Contributions

Keep working your way down the list. Bootstrap has other options later on the list that "sit on top of" the body. Whatever color is the last "on top" is what the customer will see. That's why you may often see a website start out white, flicker, and end up with a different color or image.

Plugin Contributions

Did this ever get solved? Running into the same issue right now. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NortheastTroller View Post
    Did this ever get solved? Running into the same issue right now. Thanks!
    I dunno. Since the post (last year) wasn't placed in the template's support thread (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread), I missed it.

I'll note that various changes have been made to the template since v3.5.0 (https://github.com/lat9/ZCA-Bootstrap-Template/releases). If you head on over to the template's support thread and let me know what the problem is (I can't decipher what this means) and the versions of Zen Cart and Bootstrap that are in use, I'll be happy to help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I dunno. Since the post (last year) wasn't placed in the template's support thread (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread), I missed it.

I'll note that various changes have been made to the template since v3.5.0 (https://github.com/lat9/ZCA-Bootstrap-Template/releases). If you head on over to the template's support thread and let me know what the problem is (I can't decipher what this means) and the versions of Zen Cart and Bootstrap that are in use, I'll be happy to help.
    Ok Thank you, Ill make a post on the support thread. If you scroll to the OP you will see pictures describing what they're looking to change and cannot. It looks like its an inherited #fff color code that isn't overridden by bootstraps Body Background Color chooser.

Thanks!
    C