Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1072
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by janks View Post
    It has been a while since you asked about this - but I had the same issue to which I have found a solution.

The display only affects the buttons that are using an input tag. Where as buttons utilising a span, render the css correctly.
    Researching this, I found Apple have a built in function in safari to style the input button according to 'Apple standard'.

To fix this add the follow property to the stylesheet_css_buttons.css file in your css directory of your template.

Code:
    input.submit_button { -webkit-appearance: none; }
    YOU ARE A LEGEND, thanks so much for your solution, LOOKED everywhere for this, finally thanks to you it's fixed :)
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

Just realized it was still showing the pill shaped button in black once you actually clicked the add to cart button, so after some testing figured out you need to add the hover part to the code as well to the stylesheet_css_buttons.css.

input.submit_button, input.cssButtonHover { -webkit-appearance: none; }
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

Stumbled on this website recently (www eapresto com).
    Looked at the view source and it shows they are using the (Responsive_Classic) template?!
    I have this template and it's a whole lot different than that.
    Can anyone help to identify it? or what other templates they might be using? I couldn't find anything and I've emailed them asking and no response.

Plugin Contributions

Found an old closed thread and did what it suggested but it didn't help (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-left-side-box).
    I would like to align the Categories header & the Middle column header, please view snapshot (https://i.imgur.com/QW3555n.png)
    Using Responsive classic on 1.5.7c.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    Found an old closed thread and did what it suggested but it didn't help (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-left-side-box).
    I would like to align the Categories header & the Middle column header, please view snapshot (https://i.imgur.com/QW3555n.png)
    Using Responsive classic on 1.5.7c.
    Looking at the page's source code, you have this:

Code:
    <div class="centerColumn" id="indexDefault">
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading"></h1>
    <div id="indexDefaultMainContent" class="content"></div>
    The h1 tag is there, but empty. You could either add display:none to indexDefaultHeading in your css or remove/comment out the h1 code from the template file.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Whether you delete the text or comment out the h1 call in the file, the problem with just "eliminating" an h1 tag is that it is generally followed on the page by at least an h2.

Removing the h1 and starting the page with an h2 is against accessibility standards and can affect rank.

This is a common error when folks are trying to get rid of the "Congratulations!" line in a new installation. They go to includes/languages/english/index.php and make the HEADING_TITLE blank. That then throws the accessibility error.

Depending on your involvement with any US federal or state entity, this could affect your business with them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Looking at the page's source code, You could add display:none to indexDefaultHeading in your css.
    Thank you Simon, that did the trick!
    Feels so much better when things align :)

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Whether you delete the text or comment out the h1 call in the file, the problem with just "eliminating" an h1 tag is that it is generally followed on the page by at least an h2.
    Removing the h1 and starting the page with an h2 is against accessibility standards and can affect rank.
    This is a common error when folks are trying to get rid of the "Congratulations!" line in a new installation. They go to includes/languages/english/index.php and make the HEADING_TITLE blank. That then throws the accessibility error.
    Depending on your involvement with any US federal or state entity, this could affect your business with them.
    Thanks for your advice John,
    You are correct, I've made the HEADING_TITLE blank as I have always thought that's what I was meant to do
    Should I change it back to what it was now since I added Simon's solution of adding display:none to indexDefaultHeading in my css?
    Cheers,

Plugin Contributions

What would be the best tool to test for accessibility? Running the home page through Chrome's Lighthouse gets a 100% pass, even though the h1 tag is empty it still seems to recognise it.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

i would be curious as to where one could find this accessibility standard and how removing h1 is against a standard.

my understanding is that these are guidelines (as opposed to a standard). the only info i could find on this was from this page:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/pag...#heading-ranks

which states:

Nest headings by their rank (or level). The most important heading has the rank 1 (<h1>), the least important heading rank 6 (<h6>). Headings with an equal or higher rank start a new section, headings with a lower rank start new subsections that are part of the higher ranked section.

Skipping heading ranks can be confusing and should be avoided where possible:

not really a standard... more of a guideline...

but i would interested where you may see a standard that specifically states this.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    What would be the best tool to test for accessibility? Running the home page through Chrome's Lighthouse gets a 100% pass, even though the h1 tag is empty it still seems to recognise it.
    simon, i am not sure what the situation is in the UK; here in the US, there has been a proliferation of lawsuits against online retailers claiming the website does not comply with the ADA and is not in conformance with the WCAG. someone recently forwarded me an email claiming there are now bots looking at sites for non-WCAG compliance, and in turn targeting those sites for lawsuits. this is a quote from a recent wsj article:

“I don’t want to in any way diminish the value of ADA compliance. I think it makes a lot of sense,” Overstreet says. But he adds that the plaintiffs’ law firms in digital accessibility cases are “vermin” that actively seek out companies to sue and file numerous lawsuits at once.

the best solution i have found is here:

accessibe

it costs some money. but 1 line of javascript and they automate the whole WCAG compliance, and hopefully prevent these lawsuits from happening.

but more importantly, accessibe truly makes your site available to disabled visitors in a way that i think manually coding would take a long time.

hope that helps.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

This is a moot issue. Supreme court will no more enforce this stupid law than they would make book publishers comply with ADA.

There is a line to draw and it is the internet...............JMHO (based on 67 years of life)