Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Check your responsive_classic clone's /css directory. You should see responsive_mobile.css and responsive_tablet.css.

I'm guessing that the change you identified should be put into both the portrait and landscape portions of each of those stylesheets.
    It sounds logical, thank you for quick reply.
    But than it should be shown in Inspect Element screen files which are responsible for the formatting. Shouldn't it?

Or I misunderstand how Inspect Element works?

Are you saying that .wrapperAttribsOptions {margin: -15px 0;} has to be copied in respective areas of responsive_mobile.css and responsive_tablet.css.?

Plugin Contributions

That's what I'm suggesting, i.e. I think that should work.

Plugin Contributions

As an alternative, you might use the responsive_default.css as the changes are needed more on screen width and not necessarily on screen orientation.

You'll find the responsive_default.css starts with
    Code:
    @media (min-width:0px) and (max-width:480px){
    then
    Code:
    @media (min-width:481px) and (max-width:767px){
    then
    Code:
    @media (min-width:768px) and (max-width:1500px) {
    then
    Code:
    @media (min-width:1500px) and (max-width:1800px) {
    and finally
    Code:
    @media (min-width:1500px) {
    Just determine the screen width where you want the change and place it in the proper section.

Also, you might want to consider percentages instead of a fixed width to change the setting.

For instance, let's say a margin is set to 30 px for an item on a screen width of 1500 px. If we were to change that margin to 2%, would it look the same on a 980px screen? It would now be 20 px versus 30px. The advantage is, if you have two side by side divs, setting their width to 50% ensures they will be equal regardless of screen width or orientation.

I hope this doesn't "muddle the puddle", but it's another option to address your situation. Percentages make it easier for a template to be responsive.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I was just checking the mobile version of our web site and have found that the drop-down menu is not working (the 3 blue bars top-left of the screen). I admit to not having checked this for a while so do not know when it stopped, although I recently updraded to 1.5.6c from b and also re-upgraded the database due to a couple of issues. As an addition to the above, eveything below the main header section (i.e. the editable Main Page) is offset to the right-hand side of the screen. The PC version of the site is running perfectly. Any suggestions as to where to look please?

I am using the in-built Responsive Classic template
    Zen Version 1.5.6c
    My SQL 5.6.44
    PHP 7.2.20
    www.dracocrafts.co.uk

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys , A few questions

I want to remove "units in Stock" . I tried Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Edit Layout ... "Show Quantity in Stock" and setting it to False. But this hasn't worked. Can I edit in source somewhere ?

Also I tried changed image sizes in the admin with out luck . Can I edit it in source somewhere . For [New Products For January] , [Product Listings] and [New Products].

Thanks in advance !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeondraco View Post
    Hi All,

I was just checking the mobile version of our web site and have found that the drop-down menu is not working (the 3 blue bars top-left of the screen). I admit to not having checked this for a while so do not know when it stopped, although I recently updraded to 1.5.6c from b and also re-upgraded the database due to a couple of issues. As an addition to the above, eveything below the main header section (i.e. the editable Main Page) is offset to the right-hand side of the screen. The PC version of the site is running perfectly. Any suggestions as to where to look please?

I am using the in-built Responsive Classic template
    Zen Version 1.5.6c
    My SQL 5.6.44
    PHP 7.2.20
    www.dracocrafts.co.uk

Michael
    I guess no suggestions on this then?

Michael

Plugin Contributions

I guess no suggestions on this then?

Michael
    On first glance it is working (loading for display) then being overwritten. Likely a java conflict.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Hi Guys , A few questions

I want to remove "units in Stock" . I tried Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Edit Layout ... "Show Quantity in Stock" and setting it to False. But this hasn't worked. Can I edit in source somewhere ?

Also I tried changed image sizes in the admin with out luck . Can I edit it in source somewhere . For [New Products For January] , [Product Listings] and [New Products].

Thanks in advance !
    If that switch isn't working, someone has removed it or there's a connection to it missing in your template files. It works in a bone stock 1.56c and 1.55f on all pages tested.

Also...

New Products Listing Code:
    if (PRODUCT_NEW_LIST_QUANTITY != '0' and zen_get_show_product_switch($products_new->fields['products_id'], 'quantity')) {
    if ($products_new->fields['products_quantity'] <= 0) {
    $display_products_quantity = TEXT_OUT_OF_STOCK . str_repeat('<br />', substr(PRODUCT_NEW_LIST_QUANTITY, 3, 1));
    } else {
    $display_products_quantity = '<b>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY . '</b>' . $products_new->fields['products_quantity'] . str_repeat('<br />', substr(PRODUCT_NEW_LIST_QUANTITY, 3, 1));
    }
    } else {
    $display_products_quantity = '';
    }

This code is looking at the settings in Admin > Configuration > New Listing > Display Product Quantity AND the switch position in product type layout mentioned above.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    On first glance it is working (loading for display) then being overwritten. Likely a java conflict.
    Thank you for your response. Any suggestions as to where I should look?

I have also noticed that it works correctly on my Samsung tablet in landscape mode. I guess that should point me somewhere...

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your response. Any suggestions as to where I should look?

I have also noticed that it works correctly on my Samsung tablet in landscape mode. I guess that should point me somewhere...

Michael

When I use the developer tools in FireFox (right click - inspect element) there is a list of 'failed java' and you can hover over the three bars in mobile view to see what else is running and interfering - live.

McAfee, geopLugin and jQuery may not be playing nice together from what I can see.
    Twitch.

Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast