Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I am using a customised verison of the responsive classic template.
    I am trying to move things as high as possible on the page and have moved the customer login into a side box. I have some empty space next to my logo (to the top right) and would like to move the right hand sideboxes right up the page so they start parallel with the logo.
    I am imagining I should make the logoWrapper narrower as this seems to be filling the space but can't seem to do this. And then somehow making the the righthand boxes float top right.
    Would this work and is so where would I edit the logoWrapper and the right hand sideboxes only

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this will be what you want but what I did with one of my sites was too disable the logo block (Commented it out) and put the logo (code) in the left column above the "Categories".
    NOTE:
    Your logo will be restricted to the width of the left side box.

includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_header.php
    Disable LOGO in header Around line 165
    <!--bof branding display-->
    Code:
    <div id="logoWrapper" class="group onerow-fluid">
      <div id="logo"><?php // echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT, HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH, HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?>
    includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php
    Add LOGO in side box Around line 133
    * prepares and displays left column sideboxes
    ** MOD Added Echo Logo and css Positioning
    ** NOTE: Also making a certain catalog page my "Home" page ID:23, i.e. (cPath=23)
    */
    Code:
      ?>  
      <div id="logoPosition" ><?php echo '<a href="http://www.pcsnnets.com/tp19/index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=23">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>';?></div>
      <?php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Not sure if this will be what you want but what I did with one of my sites was too disable the logo block (Commented it out) and put the logo (code) in the left column above the "Categories".
    NOTE:
    Your logo will be restricted to the width of the left side box.

includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/tpl_header.php
    Disable LOGO in header Around line 165
    <!--bof branding display-->
    Code:
    <div id="logoWrapper" class="group onerow-fluid">
      <div id="logo"><?php // echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT, HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH, HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?>
    Add LOGO in side box Around line 133
    * prepares and displays left column sideboxes
    ** MOD Added Echo Logo and css Positioning
    ** NOTE: Also making a certain catalog page my "Home" page ID:23, i.e. (cPath=23)
    */
    Code:
      ?>  
      <div id="logoPosition" ><?php echo '<a href="http://www.pcsnnets.com/tp19/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>';?></div>
      <?php
    BTW
    The columns are in
    Around line 196
    /**
    * prepares and displays right column sideboxes
    */
    Code:
     require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('column_right.php'));
    ?>
      </div>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth65 View Post
    I am using a customised verison of the responsive classic template.
    I am trying to move things as high as possible on the page and have moved the customer login into a side box. I have some empty space next to my logo (to the top right) and would like to move the right hand sideboxes right up the page so they start parallel with the logo.
    I am imagining I should make the logoWrapper narrower as this seems to be filling the space but can't seem to do this. And then somehow making the the righthand boxes float top right.
    Would this work and is so where would I edit the logoWrapper and the right hand sideboxes only
    Take a look at haredo.com and see if that's what you are looking for.

From just shy of full screen, take the right-hand edge and move it left to make the browser more narrow.

The sideboxes are there, then move to keep the logo in sight, and finally go away in smaller screens.

It's all in the CSS.

Plugin Contributions

Hello all,

Can anyone give me advice on my following three issues?

1: First issue is when looking at the new products list from the ZC main page using responsive classic, the product title description is squashed close together between first and second line.

2: As per the second arrow on the picture. Is there any way to display add to cart next to the product on new products page as opposed to having to add quantity on that page and scroll right to the bottom of the page to add to cart.

3: Item description, bottom arrow on page where it says ....more info. Anyway of increasing description length. (Bare in mind this is on the New Products page.

Thanks for anyone who can help with these minor issues.

Nathan
    Name:  Problems.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  19.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by himmon View Post
    Hello all,

Can anyone give me advice on my following three issues?

1: First issue is when looking at the new products list from the ZC main page using responsive classic, the product title description is squashed close together between first and second line.

2: As per the second arrow on the picture. Is there any way to display add to cart next to the product on new products page as opposed to having to add quantity on that page and scroll right to the bottom of the page to add to cart.

3: Item description, bottom arrow on page where it says ....more info. Anyway of increasing description length. (Bare in mind this is on the New Products page.

Thanks for anyone who can help with these minor issues.

Nathan
    Name:  Problems.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  19.4 KB
    1:
    Increase the line height in the css for that field.
    You may have to experiment a bit to get it the way you want it....

2:
    Configuration > New Listing > Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location
    Play around with the adjacent display settings an I think You'll come up with an acceptable solution
    3:
    "Display Product Description" on the same page. (The default is 150)

The above is relevant to all the product listing screens

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for your help with this, I'll take a backup and play around.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    1:
    Increase the line height in the css for that field.
    You may have to experiment a bit to get it the way you want it....

2:
    Configuration > New Listing > Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location
    Play around with the adjacent display settings an I think You'll come up with an acceptable solution
    3:
    "Display Product Description" on the same page. (The default is 150)

The above is relevant to all the product listing screens
    On second thought that is a word wrap so line height probably won't do the trick.
    You'll have to increase the length of that field which may be bound by the parent div.
    Not sure if you can do that in the css or if it will require a coding change

Plugin Contributions

thanks I will try that, sorry for delay in replying not getting notifications of new replies.

should also have linked the site https://mammothwillow.com/store/

Plugin Contributions

yes that is roughly what I want but I haven't been able to figure out the css controls the width of the logo wrapper / div (not sure what ) that is filling the empty space and (i assume) not letting me move the right column up. also in css how to only move the right sidebox up without doing the same to the left
    https://mammothwillow.com/store/

I think I will go with linuxguy2's suggestion. Thankyou

Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast