Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1072
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    This is a moot issue. Supreme court will no more enforce this stupid law than they would make book publishers comply with ADA.

There is a line to draw and it is the internet...............JMHO (based on 67 years of life)
    Sorry, you are sorely misinformed and mixing apples with oranges.

US 508 Accessibility has been US federal law since 1986. It originally applied only to federal contractors or anyone receiving federal funds for services rendered. It has grown over the years in the US and the world has expounded on it W3c and other organizations.

Just take a look at one of the lawsuits from early on (2008). https://arstechnica.com/uncategorize...sibility-suit/

Many states already have established amounts to award ranging from $1k to $4k per.

The lawsuits over copyright images that were the big thing a few years ago have been replaced in the twenties with lawsuits on accessibility. Especially contrast and inability to work with readers. https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2...ly-20-in-2021/

i would be curious as to where one could find this accessibility standard and how removing h1 is against a standard.
    @carlwhat,
    Sometimes you have to drill down a bit in the right place. There's a lot of stuff in there. Over twenty years experience mean nothing as I find something each time my mind say, "I wonder if..."

Text readers are confused when the h tags are incorrect. Without the h1, you technically meet AA standards. You cannot meet AAA standards without a logical progression. https://www.tpgi.com/headings-accessibility/

It's one of the things I want to address in 1.5.8 before it gets out. We've gotten in such a habit of just blowing away the h1 text that it's not used as it should be. Several options can be done but, with the "just drop it" method currently advised........

Note that this discussion is not based on US 508 accessibiltiy but are from WCAG. https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/

Chrome's Web Developer Tools uses an accessibility tool (WAVE) powered by WebAIM. It's not perfect and needs to be done for every view a page can give. It is a good start for an overall idea for your site.

Plugin Contributions

Yeh, ADA will stand but making books and blogs conform to blind or vision impaired will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER be inforced by the US Supreme Court.

Plugin Contributions

You're in Florida. You may publish a book but I doubt it. Books and websites are totally different form of "Public Accomodation". Here's what happened in your state. https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/in...f-bd36d2fefe15

BTW, your site has two contrast errors and, of course, the missing H1 on the main page. If you have $1000-4000 a pop, go for it.

Plugin Contributions

I'll take it to the us supreme court. Florida laws DO NOT trump US Supreme Court rulings.

Plugin Contributions

Definition of Public Accommodation from the ADA website:

A public accommodation is a private entity that owns, operates, leases, or leases to, a place of public accommodation. Places of public accommodation include a wide range of entities, such as restaurants, hotels, theaters, doctors' offices, pharmacies, retail stores, museums, libraries, amusement parks, private schools, and day care centers. Private clubs and religious organizations are exempt from the ADA's title III requirements for public accommodations.
    I wonder if the ADA website complies.....https://adata.org

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

Text readers are confused when the h tags are incorrect. Without the h1, you technically meet AA standards. You cannot meet AAA standards without a logical progression. https://www.tpgi.com/headings-accessibility/

It's one of the things I want to address in 1.5.8 before it gets out. We've gotten in such a habit of just blowing away the h1 text that it's not used as it should be. Several options can be done but, with the "just drop it" method currently advised........

Note that this discussion is not based on US 508 accessibiltiy but are from WCAG. https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
    lot of good information here. thank you.

i would like to point out a few things (none of which are related to any pending supreme court rulings):

• i am not seeing anything that specifically states "standards". it seems like they are all guidelines.
    • the site that you pointed me to is a blog post from a commercial provider of accessibility products.
    • they do have a lot of good information there and in previous blog posts.
    • not including an h1 heading does not automatically constitute a failure.
    • from this blog post on the site you pointed to:
      • Missing <h1>
        On a similar note, although beginning a heading hierarchy with an <h1> is a logical and common approach to structuring web content, it’s not a requirement of either WCAG or the HTML 5.2 specification. While such a heading hierarchy may be unusual, the absence of an <h1> does not represent a WCAG failure.
    • i completely support incorporating as much of these guidelines as possible into v158.
    • i applaud all of your efforts to make that happen.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You're in Florida. You may publish a book but I doubt it. Books and websites are totally different form of "Public Accomodation". Here's what happened in your state. https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/in...f-bd36d2fefe15

BTW, your site has two contrast errors and, of course, the missing H1 on the main page. If you have $1000-4000 a pop, go for it.
    Anyone losing in a court case in USA is losing because they are not offering locational accommodations for the disabled on their websites. (i.e. rooms with special features like brail, desks with proper heights for wheel chairs etc etc). That's very different than having contrast issues or text size issues on websites. If you think website contrast is discriminating against individuals with vision impairments then every business is going to have to comply with office lighting to appease a minority. Don't see that happening either.

What I see today are companies that are offering protection thru their services. This is nothing more than exploiting peoples fears of litigation and is destined for total failure. Sort of like protection money for the mob. Pay them or your business may burn down. Can you imagine is big law firms were selling these services and the moment you stopped paying they filed a lawsuit for non compliance. This is really making a mountain out of a mole hill. We shouldnt even be having this discussion.

Here's a good one...how about forcing the high contrast on currency with large print etc etc.
    Last edited by pixelpadre; 13 Sep 2021 at 03:28 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    What I see today are companies that are offering protection thru their services.... Sort of like protection money for the mob.... We shouldnt even be having this discussion.
    i could not agree more.

unfortunately, the lawyers are winning these cases.

a few articles on the topic:

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2...-main-targets/

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/su...ility-9470297/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawsuit...ng-11626369056

from one of the articles:

“I don’t want to in any way diminish the value of ADA compliance. I think it makes a lot of sense,” Overstreet says. But he adds that the plaintiffs’ law firms in digital accessibility cases are “vermin” that actively seek out companies to sue and file numerous lawsuits at once.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    Stumbled on this website recently (www eapresto com).
    Looked at the view source and it shows they are using the (Responsive_Classic) template?!
    I have this template and it's a whole lot different than that.
    Can anyone help to identify it? or what other templates they might be using? I couldn't find anything and I've emailed them asking and no response.
    Is my above post in the wrong thread??
    Just want to see if anyone can help me identify the template/plugins used on that website wether they are available on the plugins page or where a private work?
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

you're in the correct thread, but the conversation has been partially derailed (you know who you are...)
    The site in question has a pile of customizations on it. Seems a fair bit is hard-coded into the template versus a plugin to manage it, such as the header and footer.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!