Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Hi,
    To see the link you would have to manually type in and go in to the site at craftjam.co.uk/test/index.php then click any of the products and you will see that they are half way down the page and all overlapping. For some reason the link doesn't seem to work.
    I have done all that in admin as mentioned in the original post as well as the css. These alterations seem to make no difference

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

The two pages I looked at on the desktop look fine for alignment but do not act responsively. Where did the template estorenow come from? It has no css that "responds" to different size screens.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    No, that is the old site which is still live until I get the new one running which is in my test directory.
    The address for this is at craftjam.co.uk/test/index.php is 1.5.5f and using the classic responsive template

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

When you load these product pages, they lode fine, then the products slip down the page.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone know how to fix an image moving down the page after it has loaded?

Also does anyone know why the categories menu on the mobile version would not open so you can see categories? I cannot check how anything looks on a mobile version either because the fold out menu doesn't open

Thanks
    AMy

Plugin Contributions

I still cannot duplicate any of the symptoms you are reporting.

I used http://craftjam.co.uk/test/index.php...oducts_id=3309

I see some minor screen jumps with changes in screen width, but nothing like what you describe.

Plugin Contributions

hmm, really don't understand what has happened there???

Anyway I reinstalled zencart, it fixed the issues, however when I re installed the dual pricing addon, it did it again.
    Not sure if it is one of the addons causing this.

Thanks
    AMy

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

My question is about connecting of Zen Cart to social media sites.
    We felt behind in our "literacy" and do not have yet social media sites.
    (But it is never late to start for anything.)

We are using currently "Responsive Classic" template.

Searching for word "Facebook" I found this thread

They say: * Add This social bookmarking added to all product pages (includes Facebook like button, Twitter Tweet Button, Pinterest Pin it button, and 300+ Sharing Services)

Does "Responsive Classic" template have the same option and should be turned ON somewhere, or it does not?

If not, what would be suggestion to do from here to be "in line with the time"?

Thank you for advise in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by idtags View Post
    Hello,
    If not, what would be suggestion to do from here to be "in line with the time"?
    Consider first whether you really need this thing.

I would argue (and some might disagree) that having share buttons is no longer 'in line with the time.' It was 5-10 years ago.

In most likelihood you will struggle to add these to your site, will add a layer of complexity, and less than 1% of 1% of your users will ever actually share something to social media using the buttons. Plus if they actually want to share, they don't need a button on your site to do so.

In the past I spent a lot of time struggling to add stuff like this to my site and it had no impact. I would have been much better served spending that time crafting my message and my offer.

That said, anything like this that is functional in another template can be applied to responsive_classic. You just need to know how to pluck the code out of the other template.

In this instance, they probably used code similar to this plugin already available: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1325

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindasdd View Post
    Consider first whether you really need this thing.

I would argue (and some might disagree) that having share buttons is no longer 'in line with the time.' It was 5-10 years ago.

In most likelihood you will struggle to add these to your site, will add a layer of complexity, and less than 1% of 1% of your users will ever actually share something to social media using the buttons. Plus if they actually want to share, they don't need a button on your site to do so.

In the past I spent a lot of time struggling to add stuff like this to my site and it had no impact. I would have been much better served spending that time crafting my message and my offer.

That said, anything like this that is functional in another template can be applied to responsive_classic. You just need to know how to pluck the code out of the other template.

In this instance, they probably used code similar to this plugin already available: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1325
    I hear you, maybe it is not necessary.
    We looking only to improve ranking (SEO) and everybody say that connection to social web sites is essential. May be it is more "urban legend"?

We had good ranking in non responsive template, but now we are nowhere after rebuilding to classic responsive template. Pay per click does not work for us, as our products are in low cost range.

Thank you for reply and pointing to https://www.addthis.com/get/share/.
    Last edited by idtags; 18 Nov 2018 at 10:56 PM.

Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast