Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Move #navMainWrapper, from line 26 in stylesheet_colors.css to a new line and set the new background color?
    Hello,

Thank you for that. I would have never thought you could do that. So if i understand what happen right , #navMainWrapper ,#navSuppWrapper, #shippingEstimatorContent h2, #checkoutConfirmDefault are assigned a default color in the code ? And by moving it to its own line and setting a back ground color (#navMainWrapper {background:#ffffff;}) we override that ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Two things --
    One that I think is priority is using the clone a template mod by lat9 to create a copy of the responsive classic. You'll always have a fall back if you mess up the new one.
    The second is to try the Responsive Color Changes mod to better sort out the colors.
    Better control and better when it's upgrade time again.

thank you for that as well. I will install both of those next and long before i try the full rebuild on the real server.

Plugin Contributions

More information
    Thank you Nick1973
    That is actually similar to what I did on my last upgrade. I had used the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green and just added my own updated css styles to get the look I needed. I think I will stick to that method for the new upgrade I am doing now.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, if there are any other attributes set for these then you have to also copy the attributes to the new line.

Plugin Contributions

I have a question- Is this Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) a REPLACEMENT for the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green Template or a SEPARATE template altogether? The file names are the same. ... both named responsive_classic.
    If I try to upload both style Templates there will be a conflict as they both have the same name.

I know I can rename one of them, but I just want to know if the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green Template is still going to work-or be around for a long while. I like using the old portrait style/vertical code writing format vs. the new one with run-on sentence confusing code.
    Really, in this new one I have to look in several style sheet just to edit one item.
    (I know the old format may have needed revision, but I cannot easily compare my old stuff with this new layout in order to upgrade.)
    The learning curve on the new 50 bazillion stylesheets is too great for me to meet a time deadline that I have right now.

I sure hope you are not replacing the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green Template one with this one! But like I said- the file names are the same and if you are keeping the old one AND this new one it should have a file name of 'responsive_classic_builtin' just for clarification.

If the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green Template is being replaced by this one, I will use it temporarily (since I have a deadline) while I 'learn' the new one ...or I'll just build one myself in the old familiar format.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "responsive_classic" that comes with v1.5.5 is its own newer responsive template.

The older 3rd-party-contributed "responsive classic" from years ago is completely different.

Sorry that they ended up being the same name. It just made sense to call it responsive_classic, regardless what someone outside Zen Cart called their contribution. (We didn't even know that existed at the time.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

april-may You might want to look into the clone a template mod and the color changes mod for 155. The clone makes sure your final template is not overwritten at a later date and the color change mod eases the pain of color change by breaking out all the areas.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    april-may You might want to look into the clone a template mod and the color changes mod for 155. The clone makes sure your final template is not overwritten at a later date and the color change mod eases the pain of color change by breaking out all the areas.
    I downloaded them and have been reading them over. It is going to take me some time to absorb all of it. (I have no formal training- all self-taught over time.)
    I really want to keep the same look my site has now. (See h t t p s:// artsales DOT net/gallery/ ).
    There are a few new responsive templates that I may be able to work with. But all of them are by Anne and the code is in pieces in multiple files. I see the logic- but need a while to learn it all. I even took one of those main css style sheets and put it back into the 'old' format so I could compare it in WinMerge line by line and see where it is different from mine- but all the colors are missing- I do not need a separate stylesheet for the colors- I know programmers that are managing and designing multiple sites this would be handy, but I not doing that. Therefore, keeping all the styles on one page would work for me....unless that won't work in the responsive mode.

With all the new code layout I am really on an uphill battle to learn all the new stuff ...and I have to meet a deadline -in 3 weeks. I am transferring to a new server -same company just a different hosting pkg- so hence the move - and the deadline. I wanted to do the upgrade (from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5d) before the move. Guess I could wait and do it after, then I won't be so rushed.

If you stop for a moment to breathe- technology leaps forward and catching up is a pain. I am running! LOL.
    Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by april_may View Post
    I even took one of those main css style sheets and put it back into the 'old' format so I could compare it in WinMerge line by line and see where it is different from mine
    That's half correct.

If you want to identify what exactly *you* customized, grab an original copy of the old files, not the new ones. Compare yours against the original old ones, to see what you changed. Then consider whether you want to apply those changes to the new one (yes, the approach might be slightly different in the new one, but at least you know what you customized in the old one, which is 90% of the progress).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Default Right hand Side boxes disappear when items are placed in the cart

Currently using: v1.5.5a with Responsive Classic Template

It’s been a while since I last needed to post a question – this has really got me stumped.

When I place items in the cart, the right hand side boxes disappear.

If I continue shopping or go to any other page the right hand side boxes remain invisible.

However, if I remove the items from the cart, the right hand side boxes reappear.

I would like the right hand side boxes to remain visible on all pages so any ideas as to why this is happening and how to stop it would be much appreciated.

To see live, please follow this link and add the product to the cart:

http://www.futuregarageservices.co.u...t-p-16969.html

Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast