Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 982
  1. #951
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    82
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds like this may be a little harder than I was envisioning. I have seen it done on other (non zen-cart) sites, so figured it would be a fairly straightforward code change, but guess not! I'll keep playing with the template and see if I can come up with a satisfactory solution. I agree desktop users are not looking for a mobile website version, but do think there are times when there is a need to make a window smaller and just want the "experience" to be seamless as much as possible. In other words, when the browser window is the size of a mobile device, have it look/act like the mobile website, and when it's a normal size, act like the desktop site. Thanks again, and please continue sharing any tips/tricks/opinions I can/should consider.

  2. #952
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The best way to "trick" mobiledetect is to tell your browser to simulate mobile. Or if it doesn't have that option (most do), you could try telling it to fake its UserAgent to that of a mobile device.

    Or, use a more standards-based template like the Bootstrap 4 template, which naturally adapts to resized windows regardless of what device is in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcqueeneycoins View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds like this may be a little harder than I was envisioning. I have seen it done on other (non zen-cart) sites, so figured it would be a fairly straightforward code change, but guess not! I'll keep playing with the template and see if I can come up with a satisfactory solution. I agree desktop users are not looking for a mobile website version, but do think there are times when there is a need to make a window smaller and just want the "experience" to be seamless as much as possible. In other words, when the browser window is the size of a mobile device, have it look/act like the mobile website, and when it's a normal size, act like the desktop site. Thanks again, and please continue sharing any tips/tricks/opinions I can/should consider.
    Echoing DrByte's response, that template (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2191) will provide the functionality that you're looking for.

  3. #953
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    eglisau switzerland
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    I added a couple of small images to tpl_header around line 43 under "navMainWrapper" here
    Code:
    <div id="navMainWrapper" class="group onerow-fluid">
    They show up fine in desktop view but not in mobile or tablet.

    I tried adding an IF statement like below to tpl_header and adding the images under that but just crashed my test site.
    Code:
    if ( $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'mobile' ) {
    Is there an easy way to achieve my aim of showing on mobile and tablet?

  4. #954
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    N of San Antonio TX
    Posts
    8,012
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    The navMainWrapper is shut off in mobile devices with the responsive#####.css style sheets. You can either her turn them (or portions) back on in the stylesheets or place the imag s outside the wrapper

  5. #955
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    eglisau switzerland
    Posts
    531
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The navMainWrapper is shut off in mobile devices with the responsive#####.css style sheets. You can either her turn them (or portions) back on in the stylesheets or place the imag s outside the wrapper
    I could fix my problem using CSS, thank you for your help.

  6. #956
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    306
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    First THANK YOU for the lovely responsive_classic template, it's awesome especially the mobile version :)
    I have been trying to do a few things with it, I'm not that knowledgeable with php or css, but can follow instructions and even attempt a few things myself on occasions :)

    Ok, what I want to do it put a header on the VERY TOP of the website to show up all the time...Something that says:
    "Standard Flat Rate Shipping $9.95 | Shipping Australia Wide" with a link to my shipping link.

    https://imgur.com/UACWbqY (View link)

    I have looked everywhere to no avail, I found a post (can't find that post again) suggested by DrByte I think to use the public notice of a website maintenance, which helped but the problem is it shows the ERROR image and adjusting the text and the background colour and size hasn't been easy, no luck. (All I could do was center the text, plus it centered the text on all my website error messages so editing this is probably not good as it will edit all the warning errors at once.)
    Can you please advise if there is a better way to achieve the same result? I'm sure there is somewhere.
    Last edited by rlexyd; 7 Jul 2021 at 07:28 AM.
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

  7. #957
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    First THANK YOU for the lovely responsive_classic template, it's awesome especially the mobile version :)
    I have been trying to do a few things with it, I'm not that knowledgeable with php or css, but can follow instructions and even attempt a few things myself on occasions :)

    Ok, what I want to do it put a header on the VERY TOP of the website to show up all the time...Something that says:
    "Standard Flat Rate Shipping $9.95 | Shipping Australia Wide" with a link to my shipping link.

    https://imgur.com/UACWbqY (View link)

    I have looked everywhere to no avail, I found a post (can't find that post again) suggested by DrByte I think to use the public notice of a website maintenance, which helped but the problem is it shows the ERROR image and adjusting the text and the background colour and size hasn't been easy, no luck. (All I could do was center the text, plus it centered the text on all my website error messages so editing this is probably not good as it will edit all the warning errors at once.)
    Can you please advise if there is a better way to achieve the same result? I'm sure there is somewhere.
    You could do that with a header-based banner (via the admin's Banner Manager). Although for a different reason, see this GitHub posting (https://github.com/lat9/ZCA-Bootstra...ment-874775344) for additional information.

  8. #958
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    306
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Thank you for your reply Cindy.

    To be honest, I was looking at putting that message either ABOVE of the HOME | LOG IN Header or in the MIDDLE of the HOME | LOG IN Header.

    The Github suggestion seems to show the Text under the tagline which is in the logo area, which isn't really what I want.
    (p.s I tried it anyway by adding a new banner but it didn't show up anyway, but no matter as it's not really it.)

    I hope there is another method to do it like what I am after?!

    Thank you once again.

  9. #959
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    N of San Antonio TX
    Posts
    8,012
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]


  10. #960
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    306
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

    Thank you for sending me the banner link, I read that, it doesn't display a banner on top.
    Again, not really much use for me as I want a banner or header to show on TOP on the header home-login top.

 

 
Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v155 Support Thread - Responsive Color Changes for 155
    By dbltoe in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 25 Jun 2020, 01:00 PM
  2. v151 Tableau Responsive Theme - Support Thread
    By numinix in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 19 Apr 2020, 11:11 PM
  3. v155 Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]
    By picaflor-azul in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17 Mar 2016, 12:30 AM
  4. v154 Order Steps Responsive [Support Thread]
    By davewest in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5 Jul 2015, 06:11 PM
  5. Bentley Classic Template Support Thread
    By picaflor-azul in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 17 Sep 2013, 08:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR