Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

This is the original responsive_template version 1.0 from v1.5.6a it seems like someone would have noticed this issue a long time ago.... is there a newer version out? Thank you!

I gave the side box information because someone previously mentioned something about an issue that sounded similiar but they were told to change the sidebox to a number divisible by 10..... my are so I cannot make that change to get it working.

Once again my problem is that the "Order Total" is sitting between the "billing address" and the billing address message as a very long column going down almost a page. But when I shrink the page it goes to the spot where I would expect it to but the order amounts are in front of the title headings.

Thank you!
    Last edited by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh; 8 Oct 2019 at 09:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    I tried looking through the thread for a solution but didn't find anything.... I noticed that the "Your Total" portion on page Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information is all crammed together into a thin column
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/2856
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Scott! Simple <br> fix LOL! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Good fix for desktop. Still needs work for mobile/tablet.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Good fix for desktop. Still needs work for mobile/tablet.
    Didn't see any issue there.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Sort of nit-picking.

Text for billing says "shown to left" when it's above in mobile.

Text for coupon code says "in the box next to" when it's below in mobile.

Brinley Guest

I'm in the process of upgrading from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 and getting to grips with the responsive_classic template and am just looking for some clarification.
    I understand what the responsive mobile and tablet css files are for, but the responsive_default.css has me bemused as it is only triggered for desktop and yet it also has section within it media sections for Mobile & Tablet?

Can anyone explain why this is the case please ?

Cheers
    Brinley

Plugin Contributions

That's like trying to explain why you bought a different car than your neighbor.

Seriously, there are so many variations of screen size regardless of mobile or tablet.

Perhaps the author felt four doors were better than having to crawl into the back seat.

It's too much compressing of stylesheets that led us to develop a color change mod.

As you are starting new, I would suggest that you clone the responsive_classic and add the color mod from my sig's second line. It will help in getting the colors you want for your site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Brinley View Post
    I'm in the process of upgrading from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 and getting to grips with the responsive_classic template and am just looking for some clarification.
    I understand what the responsive mobile and tablet css files are for, but the responsive_default.css has me bemused as it is only triggered for desktop and yet it also has section within it media sections for Mobile & Tablet?

Can anyone explain why this is the case please ?

Cheers
    Brinley
    I'm pretty sure the author created responsive default CSS so that your site was still responsive and appeared correctly on mobile and tablet devices if mobile detect didn't detect that your customer was using a mobile or tablet device.

It also made it easy for people to create a responsive template using the response of default CSS and adding those changes to the mobile or tablet specific CSS for when hey mobile or tablet device was detected.

Just my opinion not sure what the author was thinking.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Brinley Guest

Thanks for the responses.

I have cloned the template and will look at the colour (color) mod - then will take a look to see if I can combine the stylesheets as it looks like there is quite a bit of duplication. Time for a little more research.

Cheers
    Brinley

Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast