Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Just for the lurkers. What was done was change the landscape to match the portrait, not the other way around as might be assumed.

Be aware that many of the responsive_classic stylesheets are broken out by (as in this case) landscape vs portrait, tablet vs phone, and screen size.

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

I am just starting to investigate the 1.5.5f responsive template. I currently am using 1.5.4 with the Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0 template.

While I like my present look I think that it has some limitations, which will be better with the new version.

I sell in both Canadian and U.S. dollars and have a dropdown menu in the header so the customer can choose their currency. Some customers still do not see it and check out in the wrong currency.

I want to use the User Currency plugin to choose which currency the customer is using depending on where they live. The sidebox will be used so the customer can see which currency they are using.

I noticed that the sideboxes disappear when in phone mode.

Is there any way to get the Currency as a heading in the main dropdown menu?

If not in the dropdown menu, how about in the header?

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by top hatt View Post
    Hi:

I am just starting to investigate the 1.5.5f responsive template. I currently am using 1.5.4 with the Responsive Sheffield Blue 2.0 template.

While I like my present look I think that it has some limitations, which will be better with the new version.

I sell in both Canadian and U.S. dollars and have a dropdown menu in the header so the customer can choose their currency. Some customers still do not see it and check out in the wrong currency.

I want to use the User Currency plugin to choose which currency the customer is using depending on where they live. The sidebox will be used so the customer can see which currency they are using.

I noticed that the sideboxes disappear when in phone mode.

Is there any way to get the Currency as a heading in the main dropdown menu?

If not in the dropdown menu, how about in the header?

Dave
    I wasn't able to get any help with same question and was unsuccessful trying to cut/paste code to do it myself.

I ended up taking the Currencies part of Flexible Languages/Currencies mod by R Barbor (old but most recent available) and working that into Responsive Classic. I had trouble with the drop down variations available on the mod mucking things up stylewise in my header, but the 'icon' select worked with minimal css fiddling. The icons included in the mod are, well, really ugly, so I tried making my own. I have it working on my test site but haven't taken it live as I'm still not content with my icons. (Hard to come but with two small $ signs that are easily identified as two separate currencies!)

But, it is workable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-localhost-2018-04-18-08-04-10.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	17805

Plugin Contributions

Further to post #513:

I forgot to add - I fiddled the code to put the currencies in the main menu bar (under the logo/tagline) IN PLACE OF the search bar , for the mobile version. The search bar also appears in the side menu of mobile and I don't have a huge product list so I thought this was a good trade off. Otherwise the currencies in main header would jam up because of space allowed for various other headings that appear when en-acted - like 'cart'. This required some additions to the mobile, tablet, and responsive default stylesheets to trigger when the currencies would show up in the top header or the menu header.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.

What you are talking about is way over my head. I am not a coder; I am a great copier.

I guess I can give it a try. I have the currency box now in the header of the Sheffield Blue template. Maybe I can fiddle with that. If not then the 1.5.5f version is not going to work for me.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

MOBILE FORMATTING

Just got a nice working version of my install with most of the changes I wanted all done.
    (Latest versions of ZC and RC - One Page Checkout. Also a "special" of my own in main_page which allows a specified delivery date to be placed into a Sessions variable for later use.)

But I did most of my work on a PC and that wasnt a problem until the last phase of detailed checking.
    Then I saw two problems arose on going to Mobile display

Name:	pc.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	17823

Name:	Mobile1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	17822
    First I see the vanilla demo site also has the same problem with the top bar height.

Is there a simple fix for this - I just wondered because if the demo hasnt been fixed then.....

Second - my categories disappear on Mobile and I cant get a working "hamburger" to replace !!
    I have tried everything I can think of and many different ways. Some times I get a hamburger but it doesnt function at all or, as here, no hamburger !! There MUST be a simple answer to this one!!

Plugin Contributions

yes there was a simple answer - the "Mobile view" in Admin is only a teeny weeny approximation - you have to look at a REAL MOBILE!!
    Then I get different problems - but much more logical ones !!

But the only one that bothers me at present is getting the Product listing to be a little more condensed.
    I think that could be accomplished if I could just get the "Add:" Quantity Input Box size down a bit but I seem to be able to change everything on that list BUT that box size - where is it set please ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.5.5f, php7.1, clone of Responsive Classic, ckeditor, many other mods.

Is there a sanitize issue that prevents adding formatted text to main page? If I use ckeditor to insert some content in the Define Pages tool I get a gobbledy-gook mixture of my text and the resident code for media detect, + the photos for all devices showing on the desktop. I tried both WSIWYG and Source views and ensured my text was outside of the resident php coding.

I also tried using a clean copy of the main page file with instructions on editing the page, eliminating the text of those installation notes and putting my text within the <p></p> with same result.

Turning of ckeditor on the define pages selector I can successfully insert plain text, but if I try to sneak in any styling at all it wrecks the page again.

I looked, unsuccessfully, in the db to see if I could find where the main page content 'lives' - to see if I could add style format directly in the db.

This seems similar to an issue I had in Responsive Sheffiled Blue with editing social media icons in the footer, and the solution for me was to edit directly in the db.

But I think I recall reading that there was a sanitizing thing in play - but of course I can't find where I read that!

I used to insert little notes at the top of main page fairly regularly and had no trouble with ckeditor styling, but I confess I don't recall if I've done it since I updated to zc 1.5.5f (from 1.5.5e) or since I switched from Responsive Sheffield Blue to Responsive Classic a few months back.

So my question - is there a sanitizing file that is in play here and if so can I exempt the main page from it. Or, is there a table in the db that I can go to to insert my styling manually?

(The plain text is now on my main page if anyone want to look at source code).

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    zc 1.5.5f, php7.1, clone of Responsive Classic, ckeditor, many other mods.

Is there a sanitize issue that prevents adding formatted text to main page? If I use ckeditor to insert some content in the Define Pages tool I get a gobbledy-gook ...
    I hacked around this - inserted my own text in the original file set version of define_main_page using the code of the 'instructions for new users' but replacing the text content with my own. I tried this before and it didn't work, but now I found that the class "red" wasn't defined in the stylesheet. Once I added a def for that class (at the bottom of my stylesheet) then I got a result.

So, it seems that adding content to main page must be done with classes and not html (?). Its quite a slog just to add a sentence to home page.

Plugin Contributions

I'm a bit confused in what you were trying to do. If you were wanting to color the text red, it could have been in a color call versus a class.

And, a class for color might be done but would normally be something like class="w3-red" OR set initially for all items using red.
    Code:
    .important:active,
    .important.active,.important:focus,
    .important.focus,
    .important:hover,
    .important a:hover {
      color: red;
      background-color: white !important;
      border-color: red !important;
     }
    Just seems strange for you to say class red. It might work, but does it pass muster with a css validator?